Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Co-sleepers come in !

When did you start putting your LO in their own bed, or when do you plan to? 

My girl is still up very frequently at night, so it's been easier to just keep her in our bed. she sleeps better that way anyhow. 

I'm ready for her to go to her own bed because my DH and I need some much needed time to ourselves...but I don't think she's ready yet.  I think I'll start putting her in her crib when she's sleeping a little bit better. Right now we are dealing with at least 2-3 wake ups per night. 

What are your thoughts if you are a co-sleeping/family bed momma? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Co-sleepers come in !

• Options
    We "co-slept" in the traditional sense of the word (in the same room, not bed shared). I decided we needed to get him in his own room around 3 months, and one night decided to unofficially try it. I wanted a no pressure situation... If it worked, AMAZING, if it didn't, I wouldn't feel like we failed at anything. It ended up working great. I was planning on waiting until DS sttn again (he did from 6 weeks until 3 months), but he is still waking every two hours now at almost five months to nurse. It just works out better and I sleep so much sounder with him out of our room (and he seems to sleep better, too).  I will say we started with naps in the crib as a newborn, and that may have helped. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    Our DD sleeps in a RnP next to our bed.  She is 4 months old. Last week I tried transitioning her to her crib with naps and then some night time as well.  It didn't work well.  She was hardly napping, staying awake in her crib and for a few days after she was up nearly all night long.  I don't think she is ready and have since put her back to sleeping in the RnP with us.  I finally got some sleep last night and she did too.  I guess we will try again in a few weeks....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS is in his crib in our room.  I bring him to bed with me when he wakes up usually, unless I don't have to work that day.  Lately he has been waking every 1-2 hours and it has been soo exhausting.  He is getting a tooth so maybe thats why, but I also was thinking it was b/c DH is such a loud sleeper (snoring, tossing/turning, getting up to go to the bathroom) Well last night we slept on the floor on the other side of the bed and DS slept from 9-1:30, up for a feeding, then slept till 6am!  It felt so good.  I am thinking we are going to have to move his crib to his room, I am just nervous since it's on the other side of the house :(  

Good luck to you, hopefully you can get her to sleep in her crib soon!!!

• Options
    We kind of did the co-sleeping thing backwards...DS was always in his own room to sleep then one night I was just so tired of making another trip down the hallway that I brought him into bed with me and he slept better.  Now, he starts the night off in his room and at some point during the night I'll bring him back to bed with me.  Sometimes its at 2:30am, sometimes it's not until 6am.  It just depends on how often he wakes.  Maybe that would be a way for yout to slowly get her used to being in her room yet still give you and DH some alone time.  DS is up 3-6x per night, but its always less when he's in bed with me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have DD in our bed (DH is on the couch- poor guy) still.  I put DS in his crib from day 1, and had DD in my bed from day 1, so not sure of my logic there (we are 2 and out for kids).  I have tried putting her in her crib to start the night for a week or so, and she flips over and gets her leg stuck in the crib slat.  I may do breathable bumpers.  Sorry, no advice here, just wanted to let you know that I am still doing it (and she will be 6 months on Friday). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD is in her crib in our room and it has been that way since day 1...however I have started to more recently bring her into bed with us at around 4am or so otherwise I just nurse her and put her back into her crib the other 1-2 times before that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"