Breastfeeding

When does night time supply even out?

I've heard many times that when your LO starts STTN that your supply will even out so you won't be so engorged in the morning. When is this supposed to happen? My DD has been sleeping long stretches (averaging 7 hours) since Easter. I still wake up in the morning engorged, especially on the right (prime milk maker). Last night she ate at 8PM and slept from 9:30PM-6AM. I didn't pump before bed because I don't want to tell my body to make milk I don't need. I went 10 hours between feedings and I was SUPER engorged this morning and wound up with a plugged duct because of it.

When should I expect my supply to even out? I thought it would have happened by now. Also, is there anything I can do to help the severe engorgement/pain in the mean time? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.

Re: When does night time supply even out?

• I'm still waiting for this to happen. I cut out the overnight pumping session in February when T started to STTN regularly. It's now May and I still wake up engorged. I do like having the supply as I EP but I thought it would have evened out. Maybe you could try to pump just enough for comfort, but not empty the breast? Or maybe start cutting back the time you pump in the morning?  Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • For me 3 months was the magic time....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"