September 2011 Moms
Options

Moms of "bigger" babies

A is 22.5 pounds.  She is rolling belly to back like a champ, and she can rotate 360 degrees, but is not rolling back to belly or creeping or anything yet.  Pedi says it is due to her size; that it is just more to have to move, so will take longer.  She sits unassisted, and she loves to "stand" while we hold her.  I was wondering if there is anyone else who is in the same boat and who isn't worrying. TIA.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of "bigger" babies

• Options
    A has just started army crawling and sitting up from a laying position a few days ago. She was late at doing "baby push-ups", rolling and sitting up unassisted. Our pedi always told us it was because of her size too. A has always been off the charts in weight and height.
    DSC01615_zps7bdcc2d4 photo DSC01615_zps7bdcc2d4.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Max is 22 pounds I believe (I just weighed him today) and 29 inches tall. He is a roly poly but is still not sitting up very well unassisted. He rocks on his knees and acts like he wants to crawl but just goes backwards. I try not to worry, his pedi said the same thing about his size. He is solid so there is a lot of him to move around!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually have a "smaller" baby (12.13 lbs at her 6 mo) and am experiencing the same thing. She can roll both ways, actually rolls all over but doesn't creep and doesn't even get up on her hands and knees yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD is 19lbs (maybe a tad more).  I recall from her 6 month appt that our pedi said the same that babes with bellies may take a bit longer to roll.  DD has rolled both ways but doesn't seem terribly interested in doing so very often.  She is just now figuring out how to pick her butt up off the floor and get her knees under her while she is on her tummy.

I'm not worried and it sounds like A is doing well and will get there!

• Options
    My LO was 20lb1oz at an appt 2 weeks ago.  He just rolled back to belly last night for the first time.  He does not get himself up on his knees or do an army crawl.  He does somehow squirm his way where he wants to go.  However, if he is sitting on the couch with us he can climb over us to get what he wants.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DS sits unassisted and rolls everywhere. He can also pull himself to standing from a sitting position if he's got a really good spot to grasp onto. That's it.

When I put him on all fours, he hangs out there for a minute before sliding back down onto his belly. He likes to "swim" while on his belly, but doesn't go anywhere. He still hasn't figured out how to sit from a laying position. When he does stand, he doesn't move his feet, so I don't see him cruising anytime soon either.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My DS weighs 21 lbs and he has been mobile for awhile. I thought he would be slower at moving, but it has been the opposite. He rolled back and forth around 4 months. He was crawling at 5.5 months? He pulls up and is starting to cruise.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Carter is a little over 21lbs. He's rolled belly to back less than 5 times and only started recently...he is also able to move 360 degrees. He's never rolled back to belly without help. He is able to get on his hands and knees, but only able to move backwards. Our pedi said that honestly, it's probably not because of his size, but that he really just doesn't want to do it. He said as long as he's hitting all of the other milestones, not to worry, so I'm really not worried. I've saved all my worry for getting him to sleep longer at night! Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"