September 2012 Moms
Options

Pink Eye?

My DH is now going on his 2nd time with pink eye in the past few weeks. My MIL had it, my nephew... several people in the family. Out of curiosity I looked up the drops from the doctor and they are a category D drug. Are there any safer ways to get rid of it if I happen to get it? Unfortunately I think it's only a matter of time before I get it. Other than changing the sheets often and having him wash his hands is there anything over and above I can do to prevent getting it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pink Eye?

• Options

If you go to an ophthalmologist they will be able to prescribe you something safe if you need it.  Just have him wash his hands lots and use disinfecting wipes on the things he touches. 

Do you know if it's viral or allergic conjunctivitis? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Yuck! I just had one of my childcare kids go home with pink eye today. :(  He was rubbing his eye before nap time and I looked in his eye and rubbed his tears away. Then after nap time, he woke up and his eye was so swollen! I'm so afraid that I will get it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There are other drugs that treat it that are safer- Just make sure if you do get it you tell your dr that you are pregnant and want the safest possible. 

I have had pink eye twice since being pregnant- I guess a compromised immune system and working with grimey kids all day will do that to ya.

Viral pink eye will sometimes work its self out/run its course w/out treatment-but will be a very uncomfortable few days-  but If it is a bacterial pink eye you will have to use the antibiotics to clear it up.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"