Working Moms
Options

Daycare is closing

I've been in tears all evening. Totally out of the blue at pick up today, our DCP told me that her husband is changing jobs and they need to move so she's closing her daycare.  I'm crushed.  We switched to her from a center that we didn't like and we've loved her from minute one :(
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Daycare is closing

• Options
    Oh, no!  Sorry to hear that.  We went through that about a year ago when our center closed.  I am still bummed; the new center is OK but just not the same.  :(. Hope you are able to find a great fit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, that is terrible! It's so hard to find good daycare, I'd be so sad if ours shut down. Good luck in a new search. I hope you find something that works.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Found out the other day that one of the teachers in the infant room at my DD's daycare is leaving.. I've been a single mom for 10 months (hubby is deployed) and this woman has been FANTASTIC! I'm really bummed too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's rough. Our center closed about 5 months ago, and we were so sad to have to start the search process over again. We'd been there for almost 4 years!
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Thanks all.  The really crappy thing is that this is his 4th daycare in 24 months :(  His first was near my job and I got laid off.  I got a new job a few months later and we enrolled him near where we lived.  Then we bought a house an hour away and enrolled him near the house.  We didn't like that center at all and moved him to this daycare just over 5 months ago.  I was really hoping this was it :(
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"