September 2011 Moms
Options

Our f/u visit to the GE

We took L back to the gastroenterologist today for a follow up visit. Overall it went well. She is up to 14 lbs 1 oz, so she gained about 6 oz in the past three weeks which the doctor said was fine for this age. She technically dropped a little in terms of her growth curve; last time she was 3.5 percentile, this time she was 2.8, but it's such a small dip that we're not worrying about it. Basically we are going to continue doing what we're doing; adding ~15 mLs of oil to her food every day and giving the acid reflux meds, which really help her keep stuff down so long as she doesn't spit it right back up. 

The only negative to the visit was that their lab lost her stool samples somehow. So we have to do that again just to rule out a dairy allergy, but the doc said he's pretty certain she doesn't have an allergy so he said to start her on some dairy products since they are higher in calories and she'll get more bang for the buck that way.

We will be going back again in a month for another follow up but the doc is pleased with her progress so I'm happy with that!  Has anyone else started yogurts/cheeses etc yet? I was thinking we wouldn't start for another month or so but now that we have the green light I'm excited for her to try some new flavors!

Re: Our f/u visit to the GE

• Options

Thanks ladies :) glad to hear others have started dairy, for some reason I was thinking it wasn't recommended until later, not sure why. Fau, I am lazy about solids too, we do BLW and it's probably a good thing, if I did more spoon feeding the poor girl wouldn't get nearly as many solids. *blushing face*

And yes, the GE said any yogurt, cheese, etc should be of the full-fat variety. 

• Options

Yay I'm glad she's doing well on the new "diet" Sounds like she's on the right track 

Have fun trying yogurt! 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm glad her appointment went well!

No yogurt or cheese here yet, my LO has a milk protein allergy. I know lots of moms in the FB group are feeding yogurt.

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member

Glad to hear she's progressing!  Good job mama!

We haven't done any yogurt or cheese yet.  I doubt J will eat yogurt, he refuses all purees.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Very glad to hear she is putting on some weight and all looks well. We haven't done yogurt yet but Elli still isn't fond of solids so we are taking it slow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"