Adoption

i'm adopted

i finally decided that i can write this post now. it's been a long time in coming, i think, and i wanted to give this word to all of you who are adopting/putting up your child for adoption.

i'm adopted. i was adopted as an infant from a teen mother in 1990. i knew all my life that i was adopted, that i had a "tummy mommy" and a "heart mommy," and both of them loved me very much. when i was little, i met my mom for the first time. my biological mother has been a close part of my life since i was very small.

but that's not what this post is about. this post is about the admiration i now have for both sides of the coin. i am 21 weeks pregnant with my first child, a girl. and the fierceness and love i feel toward this unborn child, even now, is overwhelming. 

my biological mother is my hero. i do not hate her, and i never could. she made the right choice for me, and gave me to amazing parents who have loved me my entire life. my adoptive mother is also my hero. she was brave enough to love another woman's child, and she did it so well. 

those of you who are taking this step...you are powerful, strong women. and i admire every single one of you. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: i'm adopted

• Thanks for posting! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thank you for sharing your experience. It's nice to hear such wonderful stories.  Congrats on your pregnancy!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • What a beautiful post. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! You sound like a pretty amazing young woman :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for sharing what you wrote. 

Congratulations on your baby :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IRRIRR member
    Thanks for posting very nice words for both moms.  Best of luck with your little bundle.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• My husband is my colonel Brandon, too! Big Smile 
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • This is the first time you tell us about your story when it comes to adoption and a mother to be. I really like your reflection and I am glad for that.

Authorhouse

• Thanks for sharing your experience! And congrats on your pregnancy!!
    Anniversary

• thanks so much for sharing!  it means so much to us adoptive parents and those who are in the journey of adopting.

congrats on your pregnancy!  you sound like a special person!

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Thank you so much for posting and sharing your story here! Congratulations on your own baby :)
  • Wow, loved reading this...thanks so much. Congrats on your pregnancy too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"