Nurseries and Baby Gear

high chair vs. booster?

So.. I'm looking at infant to toddler booster seats. Is a high chair a must have? We have the rooms but I am trying to be open to other options.
BFP #1 8/8/11; mc 8/15/11 at 6 weeks, 3 days BFP #2 1/12/12; due Sept 16, 2012 Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: high chair vs. booster?

• I've been a nanny for the last three years and prefer booster seats to high chairs. Not just for space saving and ease of cleaning, but also because when the kids got bigger and could stand, they couldn't stand in their boosters whereas they could stand in their highchairs (the trays seem to get closer to their bodies on the booster seats). 

I'm not registering for a high chair for my baby and will be purchasing a booster seat when the time comes for her to start solids. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • KaiterzKaiterz member
    All we have used w/ DD is a booster and it's been perfect - no complaints.  In addition to PP, it's nice to be able to take it so easily to grandparent's house for dinner, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Fisher Price Space Saver booster seats and I love them.  We don't have a ton of space for high chairs, but even if we did I don't think I would use them.  They are very simple to take apart and clean all the parts, the fabric part is machine washable and everything else can be wiped down.  Not to mention they are only about 50.00 instead of way over 100 like most high chairs are. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We've used the FP Space Saver since the beginning.  It worked as a "highchair" on a chair...or even on the floor!   now we use it as a booster for DD up against the table. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With both my DDs we have only ever used boosters
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"