October 2012 Moms

gender reveal ideas?

on june first the hubby and i have our u/s that is going to reveal the sex of our LO. we are both of course excited and i'm literally counting down the days. i was just curious as to those of you who are having your second or have already found out what you're having, revealed to family and friends. we're not going to do the whole gender reveal party thing or the thing with the cake cause we're too impatient and are planning on having our baby shower a little later, more than likely the end of august or beginning of september. 

most of our family and friends are on facebook so that's more than likely where we will be announcing it, but i don't want to do the typical, cute nursery rhyme status to let everyone know. i was just wondering if anyone had a cute photo or video idea. thanks in advance. 

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

Re: gender reveal ideas?

• We just found out last Friday that we're having two girls...!

After the appt., we bought two pairs of tiny baby pink socks and ran to my parents' house, asked them to close their eyes and then revealed the little socks. We did the same with my ILs

That night we took a picture of my bump with the socks on top and posted it on FB. DH simply posted "My queen and my two princesses; I love you". I wrote something like "There are few moments in life that change you more than learning that two baby girls are growing inside you."

We had wonderful reactions... Hope it's usefuel :)

Congratulations!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our parents are far away, so Im thinking of sending them a box of pink and blue blown up balloons and chocolate covered cake pops with the color of the gender inside of it... Im excited because it wont be too much to ship =] For FB and my friends Im getting professional photos done on the beach with my son and DH holding balloons and flowers in pink or blue.

I love the idea of a reveal party, but Im moving 2 weeks after finding the gender and my friends are throwing me a early baby shower within the two weeks.  I dont really need more then one shower... (My sis in law is pregnant with her second child and she had a gender reveal, is going to have a baby shower and a diaper shower... I think it may be a bit much to expect that many people to show up with that many things with that many presents?)

When DH and I adopted our son, we adopted him when he was three, so I went ahead and forgo all parties... We had a celebration dinner when he was officially adopted, so my friends are itching to have a party for me, and my sweet little boy will be the guest of honor! (Luckily his birthday is a week before the shower so he will be all present out =])

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just did calls and the facebook thing with DD and I really want it to be more fun this time, for family anyways.  I've decided to make scratch off tickets that reveal the sex.  I'm excited.  I plan to mail them to long distance family.  I haven't decided if I'll give them to local family or just try to tell them in person.  Friends will still find out on facebook.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• I am only doing something big with my class. I teach high school and the kids took a poll. 10 think girl 6 say boy. On Friday I will bring in pink and blue cupcakes and whatever it ends up being we will put that color frosting in the middle. Otherwise we will just tell family and Facebook it.
    image     image

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"