May 2012 Moms

We have a date! And a question for those with "outside" babies...

I went in for my 37 wk appt today and our routine NST, and LO refused to cooperate (she never does). I have also been having some protein in my urine and my chronic hypertension is starting to creep up...again. So the Dr has decided that we will be induced this Friday at 4:00 a.m. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared/nervous, but I've also been waiting for this day for so long so I'm also excited. I have one last office visit on Wednesday to make sure everything still looks good for Friday, and I plan on asking questions since I know I won't be thinking straight Friday morning. I have already started compiling a list of questions, but for those of you who already have "outside" babies and were induced, are there any questions you wish you would've asked or wished you would've known to ask?

I really can't believe May is here...

Photobucket

Re: We have a date! And a question for those with "outside" babies...

• I haven't been induced but I wanted to say good luck!  I will be having my LO on Thursday so I understand the nervous/anxiousness!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • imagestemms8810:
    I haven't been induced but I wanted to say good luck!  I will be having my LO on Thursday so I understand the nervous/anxiousness!

This! Good Luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just came from my appt and my dr said that if I make it to next Monday's appt, we'd set an induction date for any day next week.  I don't have any words of advice since I'm a FTM, but I wanted to say good luck and thanks for posting this.  I'll have to check back in to see what people say. 
  • I haven't had this one yet, but I was induced with DD1 (or almost, lol).  I would say that you make sure you get a clear idea of how the induction process will go.  Do they break your water first, then start pitocin?  Or do they see how you respond to pitocin then break your water? Just make sure you are on the same page as your OB that way there are no surprises. 

(In my case, I was told one thing the day before at my appt., and then when I came in the next day to be induced he told me something completely different.  Long story short, the induction did not work, I didn't let them break my water, and I came back 6 days later when she was ready.) 

Are you GBS positive?  Make sure when you go in for your induction that you let them know (even though they should know if you are or not). 

I hope this helps a little.  Good luck with your induction and an early congrats!

• imageGingersnap_mama:

I haven't had this one yet, but I was induced with DD1 (or almost, lol).  I would say that you make sure you get a clear idea of how the induction process will go.  Do they break your water first, then start pitocin?  Or do they see how you respond to pitocin then break your water? Just make sure you are on the same page as your OB that way there are no surprises. 

(In my case, I was told one thing the day before at my appt., and then when I came in the next day to be induced he told me something completely different.  Long story short, the induction did not work, I didn't let them break my water, and I came back 6 days later when she was ready.) 

Are you GBS positive?  Make sure when you go in for your induction that you let them know (even though they should know if you are or not). 

I hope this helps a little.  Good luck with your induction and an early congrats!

Thank you! I appreciate any bit of advice from the people who have been there.  

Photobucket
  • Talk about how the induction drug is used, it takes longer but my OB has always started at lowest does and moved it up every hour. 

Ask about eating, starting at 4 am  you maybe in labor till dinner time, so you might ask about a clear diet (broth, jello, ice, ginger ale...) to help replenish your strength.

I would ask about an EPI, honestly I was induced with both my sons and got to a point that stopped progressing due to pain and an EPI helped me move back to progressing to pushing. 

I would take a movie or book for entertainment, I was induced at 6am both times and my contractions did not get rough till about lunch time so I needed something to distract me.

Also talk to your doctor about c-sections... and what would trigger it.  Make your desires clear to your OB and to your SO to help you ask the right questions at the right time. 

Best wishes!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know it's almost impossible to sleep this pregnant, but rest as much as you possibly can. I went for my induction at 9pm the night before. I was given an Ambien and it did nada for my sleep. I ended us with a c/s at 11pm the next night because I did not get past 8cm. She was not in a good position.

Also, don't be shy about asking for a epidural if you want one. I promise they don't give out awards for those who don't get one. I got one at 3cm. Pit does make for some evil contractions!

Best wishes and enjoy your new little bundle! They are well worth all of the pain!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"