April 2012 Moms

My baby hates life..

I can't seem to please him.

He is happy when he eats, when he sleeps and for brief moments when hes awake Otherwise, he hates his bouncy, hates tummy time, hates his swing *sigh*

How do you entertain your newborn?

imagepregnancy

Re: My baby hates life..

• Not a clue!  LO only seems content when he is asleep or eating. Otherwise it's screaming all the time.  Good luck!
  • LO likes his playmat and looking at his stuffed zebra. He only likes the swing and bouncer if he is content when placed in them.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • from my experience, little babies have little happy awake time.  if they are awake, they want to be fed, changed, or just cry until they fall asleep.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Over the past few days dd has taken to lounging in the boppy. Other than that she has really no interest in her swing or bouncie for more than a few minutes. I try to walk her around too, she likes to look at the lights and ceiling fan. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • imagedixee.deluxe:
    from my experience, little babies have little happy awake time.  if they are awake, they want to be fed, changed, or just cry until they fall asleep.  
    Yup, this is pretty much our life right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Claire is content to lounge in the Boppy and wave her arms around and suck on a paci and look at the ceiling fan. Etta is sometimes happy in her swing, but generally wants to be held-- she'll just stare at me and likes it when I talk to her.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• Thank God it's not just my baby! She is only happy when she is eating or sleeping. I can only leave her in her swing or bouncer long enough to quickly pee before she gets mad. 
  • imagedixee.deluxe:
    from my experience, little babies have little happy awake time.  if they are awake, they want to be fed, changed, or just cry until they fall asleep.  

In general-this for sure. As my LO gets older she is starting to enjoy somethings.

She looooves staring at lights(just regular lamps and ceiling lights around the house, not necessarily baby toy lights), staring at anything with stripes(she loves my parents' curtains-haha), and her #1 favorite thing to look at are shadows on a wall. They don't even have to be moving, just likes to see them. She is a weird one.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Up until recently, if LO was awake and not eating, he was crying or working on falling back asleep. He gradually increased his amount of pleasant awake time. Now, he's up again for the third or so time today (for an extended period of time), and he's having a party in his pack 'n play. The whole thing is shaking while he kicks and punches and yells at the turtles on his mobile all while hiccuping. It's nice to be able to put him somewhere and have him entertain himself now, but it was hell getting here!
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OMG, I don't know what I'd do without this board to reassure me that my baby and my body are totally normal.

• I agree with PPs.  At first my little one was happy only when she was sleeping, eating or being cuddled.  If I would put her in the swing or any other place she would cry.  She would even cry when she realized anyone, but DH or I was holding her.  Now she LOVEs her floor mobile and tolerates the swing.  She is ok for short times with other people holding her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"