Multiples

when did they do GD test?

i am reeeaaalllly starting to dislike my dr's office because of their lack of communication (among many other things). i have my appts scheduled through 28 weeks, but they haven't mentioned my GD test at all. nor have the tested my iron levels, which my old OB had already done at this point in my singleton pregnancy. i've been trying to call them all day to ask about this, but i wanted to see when everyone else had theirs done with twins.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: when did they do GD test?

• our surro was somewhere between 24 and 26 weeks if I remember correctly. I remember it being sooner than with a singleton.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had my first one early ( about 18 weeks i think ) i thin k due to my age ( 42 ) and i had one at 26 weeks !
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my Iron tested at 18 and then again at 24. I had my GD test at 24 weeks.

I had my GD test at 25 weeks with my singleton.

DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • thanks ladies. i have a msg in... hopefully they call me back today. i am pretty sure i had undiagnosed gd last time. (my numbers were just about the cut off and they let me slide. then i ended up having a 9lbs1oz baby 5 days early and threatened ptl, which are both signs of gd.). i just want to make sure it's monitored correctly this time... but...
  • SBBBESBBBE member
    I just took my GD test at 27 weeks.  My paperwork said to take it anywhere from 27-29 weeks.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB gave me a lab slip and told me to do it between 25 and 28 weeks. My iron was tested at the same time. I believe she gave me the slip around 23-24 weeks. I did the test at 25 weeks and some odd days and got the results at my next OB appt a couple of weeks later.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • My iron levels were also checked at 26 weeks and i found out that im anemic !
  • I had my 1st one a couple weeks ago and will have another at 26-28 weeks can't remember which . 
    BabyName Ticker ID Twin girls born June 10,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i am having my glucose test twice.  i had one around 20 weeks and my next one is this Friday (28 weeks).

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• I have mine tomorrow, so at 26w3days.They will also test my TSH and Iron.
  • I had my iron checked at 23 weeks, and will have it checked again at 32. They did not tell me about it until I got to the appointment.

Had my 1hr GTT at 28 weeks. They told me about it at the appointment prior, because they wanted me fasting.

• Mine is in 2 weeks @ 26 weeks. My office also didn't really give me any instructions. They have a little blurb about it on their web site but that's about all. I may call the nurse a few days before to get the scoop!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My office had me do one this week. I'm only 12 weeks. When the nurse gave me the script for it (along with a crapload of other bloodwork), she said they'd use it as a baseline. I don't remember when she said they'd do the other one. They have to give me a script since they don't have a phlebotomist in the office.

I have all my monthly OB appts out until 26 weeks, too. But I have to call the MFM and get started there since they will see me more frequently. I would imagine either office will order whatever additional tests they think are necessary as the dates get closer.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"