Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Hand-held foods

When do you introduce actual solid foods? Not the pureed peas, but things they can hold and eat? Also when did your LO start to feed themselves?

Re: Hand-held foods

• Options

This weekend, pedi told us we could give her anything we can smoosh between our fingers - that means DD can mash it with her gums. She recommended cheese and avocado.

• Options

Just before 6 months.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started giving LO teething biscuits when he was about 5.5 months old because he cried all the time and the hard biscuits helped immensely.  He started feeding himself puffs, mum mums, soft dices peaches & pears, home made sweet potato fries just after his 6 month appt.  Since then he's had home made banana muffins, pancakes, french toast, waffles, shredded cheese, shredded apple, shredded chicken and he's done well with all of it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:

Just before 6 months.

This is when we introduced solids as well. We waiting until DD was sitting on her own and able to pick up the food herself. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6m.  We just started with puffs and poofs and Mum Mum crackers.  Around 7m I gave her cut up avacado and sweet potato fries and shredded cheese.

• Options
    SusieBWSusieBW member
    Around 6 months for us too, but she's still not actually eating a lot of it.  We give her sticks of apple or pear, steamed carrot sticks, rice cakes, mum-mums, or whatever we're eating that seems okay for her.
  • Options
    lkm2006lkm2006 member

LO has just started with table foods the past two weeks. He seems to really enjoy bread!

I would like to make some sweet potatoe fries this weekend, maybe that and pancakes! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"