October 2012 Moms

Yeast Infections

Has anyone else been getting multiple yeast infections? This is crazy and a major PITA! The doc said if the OTC medicine does not get rid of it, she would give me a prescription. I have been trying to eat more yogurt, but it still comes back. I am thinking maybe a prescription would work better and keep it away! Another week until my next appointment.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Yeast Infections

• I am so sorry.  I had one in college and honestly thought that I was going to die.  I would talk to the doctor about the medication.  There is no way I could deal with that.  Can you take pro-biotics instead of just the yogurt. Maybe that would help?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far my problem has been UTI's. Though if you go by my mother's pregnancy with me (and so far mine's been EXACTLY like hers) I'll start getting YI within the next month. I'm hoping not!

Good luck with yours. As gross as it sounds, when I've gotten YI's in the past the ONLY thing that helps (since I'm allergic to the monistat stuff) is drinking garlic water. I don't know how safe that is during pregnancy, but it worked when I wasn't preggers

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you ever tried kefir? It's like a liquidy yogurt, you can find it in the yogurt section. The only reason I suggest trying it is because it has many types of probiotics in it, instead of just the one that yogurt has. It can have a funny texture, so I usually dilute it with some milk or just add it to a smoothie. I don't know about helping with a yeast infection, but it definitely helps with digestion, so it couldn't hurt to give it a try.
    IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I just got one this weekend and I never get them unless if I have been on antibiotics.  No suggestions, just sympathy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been taking acidophilus twice a day and that seems to be helping. Sorry, it sucks!
    imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • imagedixneuf:
    I've been taking acidophilus twice a day and that seems to be helping. Sorry, it sucks!
    One of my friends suggested this, I wondered if it was on the list of safe things to take, but hadn't checked yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I get them all the time.  Nothing helps me except prescriptions.  The last one I got, I was 6 weeks pregnant.  Dr. always prescribes Diflucan for me.  Works like a charm and she said it was safe to take the one pill with be pregnant.

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • I had to go in today b/c I was sure I either had a YI or a UTI. I tested negative for both but the NP I saw said she wants me to go ahead and use Monistat anyway because it definitely "looked" like I had one (I'm using Crinone so that could be masking it).

She gave me a Rx but said it was basically the same as Monistat. She said get whichever was cheapest.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
  • For preventative care I take acidopholis (sp) which has helped me for years. I take one capsule of 2 billion cultures everyday. I asked my OB if I was safe to take it while I was pregnant and he said yes. Also like pp said when I did get one I would take a Diflucan and it works wonders. I don't know if that is safe but I would definitely ask for one if it is. Also you want to avoid any carbs and starches and sugar. My doc always says "sugar is to yeast like fuel is to fire" I have been told not to eat any chips, juices, pastas etc. while you are waiting for it to clear up.
  • YES!  I've had four so far this pregnancy!  It's insane and horrible.  My MW suggested garlic pills and Grapefruit seed extract to flush it out of my system.
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • Ohh im so sorry. I am also prone to yeast infections... monistat works for the discomfort 90% of the time but every once in a while i do need the rx from my ob. My yeast infections seem to happen more frequently when DH have sex more often so I've learned that I always have to shower immediately after to help prevent irritation.

So sorry, i feel your pain.

EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1 photo EDITEDEVERLYBEAUTYSHOT565923_751707052852_1602485043_n_zps74c305a1-1_zps6c64b4ff.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had a couple, but otc has worked for me each time. My OB told me that if that didnt work to let her know. I have heard that not only are we more prone to YI during pregnancy, but they can be more severe. Hope it gets better soon. I do hate themnso.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"