Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NTR- Have you ever washed your couches cushion covers?

I had our couch custom made some years ago in a nice beige color with a micro fleece material. Yea, stupid me (beige).

I have noticed that the cushions pretty much have covers on them that aren't attached to the foam cushions, i.e I can easily take them off. So I am thinking about taking them off and one by one putting them in my front loading washing machine on hand wash or delicates and then air drying them. My only concern is the seat cushions don't really have a lot of play in them aka they are tight as they should be. So if they were to shrink I'd be in trouble.

Am I totally nuts? Or has someone else done this too. :)    Please someone say you have..

Note: we had the cleaner guy come clean it a few years ago. I was less than impressed with how it turned out.

UPDATE: I put a 3 of the throw pillow covers in the washer. They are fine. Hell I even put them in the dryer on ultra low inside out just to see what happens since they had a lot of space/play left in them.

UPDATEx2: I dried them and they were fine. I have even been drying the back cushion covers and they are fine also. I do half the time inside out and the other half right side out. Soon I will move onto the lower cushion covers. I think I am either going to air dry them in the dryer or hang them up over night. It's hot as hell here in the woods so I may even hang them in the garage inside out, dunno though.

Thanks everyone for the advice. :D

Re: NTR- Have you ever washed your couches cushion covers?

• If it's microfiber, I don't think you're suposed to wash it.  I got a microfiber cleaning kit when I bought mine.  It's basically a gentle soluntion and a sponge.  It's just supposed to be spot cleaned.  But mine is a sage green, so it doesn't look dirty even though we've had it for years.
  • Hmmm. I have 3 of the throw pillow covers in the washer now on delicate. :D

Pray for me!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I have a pottery barn sofa in the play room (migrated there from our living room) and I have washed the entire slip cover and cushion covers.  Just do NOT put them in the dryer.  Your microfiber might be different than mine but it turned out ok. 
  • I wash ours all the time, but they're cotton twill.  I wouldn't wash microfiber.
  • i have dark green microfiber and have washed them. they all came out fine. just dont throw them in the dryer. i tried with one of the cushion covers and it didnt ruin it but it didnt fit as well over the cushion.
  • Our dog nearly ruined our mictfiber sectional after we moved. I called a cleaner and he wouldn't touch it. Instead of going and buying a new one, I tore it apart and washed each cover on gentle and dried on air-fluff. Although it was a huge PITA to put back together, itsaved me several grand. The covers on theseat cushions didn't go back on as tight but I think I could fix that with some fabric glue like they were done when I took it apart. The fabric turned out perfect though and I was able to spray the foam with enough Nature's Miracle so there is no smell after cleaning. Hopefully yours turns out as well!
  • My mom washed ours when she stayed with me for a week after DS was born. Our couch looked brand new, I was so excited.

So I say go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I wash mine.. I even dry them. I was pretty certain it was micro fiber but I could be wrong. Embarrassed
    Heymrwilson-2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"