TTC after 35

Can you believe the message that I just got

One of the women that I work with goes to the same RE as I do.  She just sent me this message:

call me when you get a chance. Well I?ll tell you now. My sister was going to an herbalist, like I told you all my sisters and I suffer from POSC which we inherited from our mother, it is cause by a hormone imbalance and insulin resistance). Well anyway her herbalist told her to take nature's way liquid women vitamins, nature's way liquid prenatal vitamins, DHA, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at lunch and before bed. Now mind you this was not even a month three months ago. Yesterday she found out she was pregnant with an at home pregnancy test. She is going to see her doctor this week.  I look up apple cider vinegar and it states it has a lot of health properties but it corrects hormone imbalance and repair protein structures. 
I'm so happy for her she is my little sister but she has been trying for like three or four years now!
Oh by the way you where missed! :D

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can you believe the message that I just got

• Wow, I've heard a lot of things and old wives tales (try this try that, pineapple core, royal jelly, wheat grass, etc) but that's the first time I've heard about apple cider vinegar, LOL!  If it really were that simple, we would have no need for RE's now would we?

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• imageMrsNukem:
    Wow, I've heard a lot of things and old wives tales (try this try that, pineapple core, royal jelly, wheat grass, etc) but that's the first time I've heard about apple cider vinegar, LOL!  If it really were that simple, we would have no need for RE's now would we?

LOL! This! Maybe we should all take stock in Apple Cider Vinegar now  ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The thing is that this is not some crazy person, it is actually someone that does go to an RE.  She just keps saying, maybe we should try this and can you believe that it is this simple and we have been doing so much.  I advised her to call the RE before she does anything.  I kind of feel sad for her.  I know what it is like to be so desperate that I would try anything.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vinegar only helps if you have a pH imbalance. If your problem is pH and it's making it inhospitable to sperm so that they can't survive long enough to fertilize an egg, then yes-- douching with or drinking vinegar *might* help.

I tell you-- this process makes us all crazy and willing to grab onto hope wherever we find it. But really, there comes a point where going simpler is not going to get it done...

Poor woman.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"