November 2011 Moms
Options

EBF ladies...solids question

When you start rice cereal it says to mix 1T rice cereal with 4-5 T BM or formula. Are you just going to hand express some to use, cuz it seems like alot of work to pull out the pump for that small amount. I'm wondering if I should just buy formula to use in the cereal. But idk if I wanna do that. Thoughts?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: EBF ladies...solids question

• Options
    I've just been using frozen milk from my stash.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    I am doing 1 tablespoon cereal with 1oz bm with fresh mashed banana at night. Same in am minus banana. I just take two oz out of what I pumped for the day 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've just been keeping a couple ounces in the fridge and taking a little from there when I mix cereal.  I don't even measure, I just try to get a good consistency from a small amount.  DD only take a couple spoonfuls right now, so I don't make very much. 
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At first I was using BM from my stash. Now that I am feeding him daily we just use warm water (and I use much less than 4-5 tbsp - that made it really liquidy).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can also get a really cheap manual pump that you can put in the fridge in between pumps, that way you only have to wash it every third or fourth day and it will work fine if you just need an ounce or two at a time.
    "Read the books, don
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    We aren't doing cereal, but if we were, I would use my hand pump. Like the pp said, it's cheap (mine was $40 - Medela Harmony) and super easy to use and clean.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

imageVieve831:
    At first I was using BM from my stash. Now that I am feeding him daily we just use warm water (and I use much less than 4-5 tbsp - that made it really liquidy).

I thought that was odd too. The ratio they have it's basically bottle-worthy. Glad I'm not the only one who made it thicker.

Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    We skipped cereal, but I'm pretty sure our pedi actually said it was okay to mix with a little water since it's such a small amount. The 2 times we tried it, I just used it from the freezer stash, when I had one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually mix it with 2 ounces max of BM. I'll take from what I pumped the previous day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hand express if it's too thick =)
  • Options
    We are doing blw to skip the whole cereal thing. With DD1 I first would hand express then I got pregnant an my supply diminished so that was the first place we used formula. But we cut it out early, their is really no nutritional value to it. Good lick
  • Options
    I would pump after he went to bed one night a week.  I would use all that up during the week.  btw I thought 4-5 tbls of BM made it way too runny and B wouldn't really eat it like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"