2nd Trimester

Baby moving less

I started feeling my baby move 2 weeks ago at 16 weeks. I'm now 18 weeks and she's been moving less. I'm freaked out but everyone tells me not to worry. I wish I could see what's going on in there! Has anyone had a similar experience?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby moving less

• I personally haven't but from what everyone has been saying and what i have read I wouldn't worry to much until 22 weeks when the baby will be moving all the time. You also may not notice her moving if you busy or she could be up at night. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • I don't believe Drs get concerned with movement until 24/25 weeks - and considering you state she's moving less then I wouldn't be concerned at all. Moving is moving. I move slower some days than others.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I felt my baby move at 16 wks also and then didn't feel anything for a week. It got to the point where I was stalking my own belly for movement. But once I started to ease up on the worrying I noticed I feel him a bit more. It's not like they can move on command, so relax a little and you'll feel it.

You'll start to notice when they're more active and then seem to sleep for a bit, my baby boy is a mover in the AM and in the midday/early evening. After that I don't feel much, it's always a nice surprise when you do though. :) 

• my understanding is that you don't really start counting kicks (e.g. looking for consistent movement) until about 28 weeks. mine is still pretty inconsistent. i've felt her a lot today (though all very light), but i barely felt her at all for the last two or three days. i worry about it to, but in a FTM-paranoia-over-everything kind of way, not in a this-is-actually-terrible way.
  • Don't worry, it comes back.  And sometimes, you want it to go away. lol

Kidding about wanting it to go away but it does come back.  I've felt the twins everyday, at every time of time of day.  Baby A has been kicking me for the past 45 minutes on and off.  

Don't sweat it.  You're too early to feel it all the time anyway. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Thanks so much to everyone!!! I am sure that I am overreacting but it's really comforting to hear it from other mothers!!! Thanks again and I wish everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy! I'm going to be a Mommy! Wow!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"