Baby Names
Options

Sisters we met on vacation

DS met a little girl at the pool and her baby sister. I have no idea how these are spelled, but they were pronounced Low-ly and Lye-ken. Lowly and Liken? 

Also, I asked the mom if Low-ly was short for Lola or anything, and she no...she's just "lowly".

Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
9lbs, 6oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sisters we met on vacation

• Options
    Awful!
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Options
    Oh the poor girl that has to grow up as Lowly.  :(
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the world." - unknown.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lowly is just awful. Not that Liken is any better, but Lowly is just mean. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Isn't a Lichen some sort of sea animal? And why would you name your daughter Lowly? That's just mean. Its like naming her Poor Uncultured Lastname. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

So one is named "lowly" and the other one like "lichen" - the stuff that grows on trees????

I am guessing "lowly" is spelled "Lolie"... like some cute nn of Lola... but they didn't think too hard about how it would sound. Yeesh.

• Options

Did Lycan happen to look like this?  Stick out tongue

If someone is going to try to invent a name, they should probably do a quick Google search to see if it's actually already a word...

Dx: PCOS, started Metformin 7/13
  • Options

Horrible. I am not as anti-made-up-names as some girls on here, but honestly:

1) Lowly?! Thats horrible in a very obvious way.

2) Lykyn? Lykan? Liken? How about Lichen: fungus + cyanobacteria symbiotic organism!? Are you kidding me? Even if the parents were Biologists there are way better Biological terms and concepts to name a child after!

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"