Baby Names

Story Armella...thoughts?

Oh my lord. A family friend had a baby girl yesterday and named her Story Armella.

WHY???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Story Armella...thoughts?

• Wow. Didn't they think of how her resume will look one day? Poor girl...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Story is a guilty pleasure name of mine.  I don't like Armella at all though.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Story isn't terrible, actually, though I would never use it. Armella is an odd choice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• I know the cutest little girl named Story. She is about 4. Because of that association the name is ok to me, otherwise it would be on the 'what were those parents thinking' list. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually like the name Story. I think it's sweet. Would never use it myself, but I like it. Armella is a bit odd, but it's just the middle name, so whatevs. 
  • I first read it as Stormy, so in comparison Story wasn't nearly so bad! I dislike Armella far more than Story.

• That name is really bad
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Eh - not as terrible as some names, but really don't the parents think how it will affect them on resumes in the future?
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the world." - unknown.
  • I love the name Story. It's not unheard of as a word name, and I think it sounds nice and has a nice meaning, along the lines of Fable, Sonnet, Lyric and Poet.

I know not everyone likes word names, but it's easy to say and spell, and the word doesn't have any negative connotations. I don't think it's going to hold her back in life (as PP have suggested....incredibly, you can make it through life as a successful adult, even if your name isn't Elizabeth).

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Gah, I love Story!  It's my #1 guilty pleasure name.  I would never in a million years use it but I think it would be adorable on a small child and interesting on a grown woman.

• I adore the name Story. HATE Armella though.
  • UGH.  Out of all the names out there too!

• This one is a no go for me.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"