June 2012 Moms
Options

put on bed rest...

this morning i took my blood pressure b/c i was super swollen and it was 140/95. called doc to see if they wanted to see me sooner today and they did. my BP this entire pregnancy has been super good like 116/80 has been average. at the doc when they took the BP it was 144/101. they had me lay on my left side and took it again 10 min later and it dropped significantly. they kept me in the office to do  NST and an ultrasound both of which looked GREAT! baby looked wonderful, is head down, and has plenty of fluid. OB also did my group b strep test and checked my cervix. i am dialted to 1cm (which means nothing in the long run.) OB is having me do a 24 hour urine and tomorrow i am getting blood work done and I see him again wednesday. i'll have more info/answers wednesday as to how much longer this baby is gonna cook. more than likely i will be induced somewhere around 37-38 weeks.

the only thing i am bummed about is missing the detroit tigers games my hubby and i were supposed to go to this weekend!! baby's health is certainly more important, but it's still a bummer! hope everyone is doing well.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: put on bed rest...

• Options

Goodness! Am glad to hear that things are going well and that baby is healthy.

I hope you are able to enjoy the rest. It's a small thing but being on bed rest means being at home - can you imagine trying to do a 24hr urine while working? Ugh. That would not be fun at all. 

Fingers crossed that all of the test results come back good. Keep us posted!

pregnancy pregnancy
  • Options

Hopefully, all the testing will come out ok and you'll be released again.  But, I guess the good news is that bed rest for a few weeks won't be too bad.  The end is near.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck with everything!  24 urines are not fun but like pp said, at least you' ll be home for it:) 

You're almost there!! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you are on bedrest. At least you are close to the end of your pregnancy though! I hope all of your tests come back with good results! Keep us updated!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your bed rest.  Take it easy and best wishes for a healthy rest.  Hopefully getting off your feet will relieve some of the stress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"