2nd Trimester

measuring 3 weeks ahead

I went to the doctor today and she said I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead.  I'm having an ultrasound on friday to see just how big my lo is.  The doctor assured me that it's nothing to worry about.  So my question is- has anyone else had this experience?  If so, did you deliver early or was your baby just large? 

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: measuring 3 weeks ahead

• At my 20-week appt, I was measuring at 24 weeks. However, at my 24-week appt, I was measuring at 24 weeks (thank goodness!). This is my second pregnancy, FYI. I also have a friend who is very petite and was measuring 3 weeks ahead up until the end, but her baby came out average size, and beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a FTM, and like PP mentioned, I was measuring 21.5 weeks at 19 weeks. So I was close to 3 weeks ahead. We got this info at our A/S and then the follow up visit with our OB (when she measured my bump) confirmed that he was large at that time, although very healthy. At my 24 week appointment, he was measuring on track again. I was told babies have growth spurts-which is a main reason OB's dont really change due dates from the original dating ultrasound. Unless he continued to measure big then we would re visit that concept. I fear I am going through another growth spurt with our LO as I was a revenous eater last week....we will find out next week if he is "larger" again! :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • this is probably a really stupid question so for give me! Is it your bump that is measuring big or the babies measurements are big during U/S? 

I was told that my belly was measuring big so I may be getting another U/S just to check lo out and see what he measures as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My bump is measuring big.   I'll find out at my u/s friday how big my lo is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I am measuring about 2 weeks ahead but I also have a lot of belly fat prior to being pregnant.  My doc said that it is biggest reason why I am measuring so large.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • It's just your uterus, which can be measuring ahead for lots of reasons. I am measuring 7 weeks ahead, but baby is right on track. It's just my uterus that is bigger.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageArchhig:

this is probably a really stupid question so for give me! Is it your bump that is measuring big or the babies measurements are big during U/S? 

I was told that my belly was measuring big so I may be getting another U/S just to check lo out and see what he measures as well.

I think thats a great question-for me, we knew our LO was measuring ahead since they took measurements of him during our A/S and they noticed he was growing larger than how far along I was. I then had my belly measured at my follow-up appointment a week later and it held true with that as well. Howevre, a few weeks later I was back on track. So I think it's a combo of things-my OB said Lo had a growth spurt and that is common. HTH

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is all so helpful!  Thanks for the info!
  • Fundal height isn't perfect, no measurement is. My MW and a MW student  measured me right in a row and came up with two different measurements. Even ultrasound can be up to a week off (some people say even more).
  • I have been measuring 3+ weeks ahead. They did an ultrasound and found that the baby is measuring only a week ahead. I didn't have ultrasounds this late in the game with my first. With the fundal height measurements, I was right on track with her and she was estimated to weigh 6-7 lbs but two weeks later she was born only weighing 4 lbs. I do not trust the fundal height measurements at all. They are worthless when determining/estimating baby's size.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"