2nd Trimester
Options

Which umbrella stroller do you recommend?

Hi ladies! So I am getting the Britax B ready but am looking for a lightweight stroller for traveling etc. I haven't looked at any so can you tell me which umbrella stroller you recommend? Thanks in advance! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Which umbrella stroller do you recommend?

• Options

We don't have a real umbrella stroller, although the Maclaren strollers get good reviews.  We have a lightweight Aprica stroller that folds up like an umbrella one, but has a much higher weight limit, reclining seat, basket underneath, large canopy, etc.  It was a bit pricey, but was much nicer and better suited to what we needed than a traditional umbrella stroller would be.

ETA: Here's the amazon link to the one we have: https://www.amazon.com/Aprica-Presto-Stroller-Loft-Brown/dp/B004ANFDOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335807810&sr=8-1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have and like this one (not this color):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OM3YL0/ref=asc_df_B001OM3YL01996769?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B001OM3YL0&hvpos=1o2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=201745072171800784&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Have been using it since DS was probably 9 months old. I think when I was researching, I found that this one had good reviews, and people who were tall thought it was better than many. (I am 5'8")

It's very light, seems comfy for DS, and folds easily. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Maclaren Triumph and LOVE it.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    RiasRias member
    Thanks! I was just looking at that one online. aprica presto. It looks nice for a lightweight stroller!
  • Options

imageRias:
    Thanks! I was just looking at that one online. aprica presto. It looks nice for a lightweight stroller!

We really like it, it's the one stroller I'm positive I'm not getting rid of when the new baby comes & we have to buy a double.  

• Options
    We have the Maclaren Triumph and really like it.  It can recline, and weights 11.5 lbs.

• Options
    RiasRias member
    Thanks for all your input ladies!
  • Options
    Are you talking air travel? Once we outgrew the snap n go (which we needed for the car seat), we got a maclaren off of craigslist for the price of an otherwise cheaper new umbrella. I think you want something that works well but it won't break your heart if the airline ruins it.
  • Options
    We have MacLaren Techno XLR & love it.
  • Options
    We have the babies r us ($20-25) umbrella stroller - for what we use it for, it's perfect. Quick dash around the mall or a walk around the block. Anything more and we use our big one.

• Options
    We have the Britax Blink and I love it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another Maclaren vote here.  We have the Quest for DD and I just ordered the Techno for our double because it fully reclines enough for infant use.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

Are you sure you will need it? We have a stroller similar to the Britax B Ready (I'Coo Targo) and haven't had a need for another stroller. We fly with it and travel with it. I guess it does take up extra room in the trunk if you have a smaller car.

I have the Maclaren Twin Techno on my double list. The Maclaren is always recommended on TB and gets great reviews elsewhere. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

We bought this one and I seriously LOVE it as a lightweight stroller.  Plus it folds up like an umbrella stroller.  We bought this one for a cruise we went on and it was perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Stroller-City/dp/B002WB2G9I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335816060&sr=8-1

The First Years Jet Stroller

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Another Maclaren vote!

We have both a Quest and a Volo and I adore them both!

• Options

I just got my Baby Jogger City Mini and I am so in love with this thing.  I have a bad back so I can't lift much or struggle with a stroller while bent over. This thing is perfect for me and I do not plan on having any other strollers.  I'm 5'11" and my partner is 6'1" and it is perfect height wise.  The 2011 version is on sale all over the place and we got ours (as a gift) at a discount store (not available online) for $119. 

Seriously, I'm in love with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"