Infertility

how has your life changed from IF?

Does anyone feel that IF has taken over your daily thoughts? How do you distract yourself from thinking about it 24/7? 

Re: how has your life changed from IF?

• I know this is cliche but I just try to stay REALLY busy. Right now I am in school, in an accelerated program, which keeps me crazy busy, plus doing IF treatments, plus getting licensed to do fostercare, plus I try to keep my home immaculate (for no other reason than to keep my mind busy), all of that plus my social relationships keeps me rom going nuts about 70% of the time. The other 30%... well... that's a whole other story. LOL GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was looking at a seedless grape the other day and felt really bad for it. No seeds!  Poor little thing; it'll never be able to reproduce.  That's how much it's taken over my thoughts.

I work, read, do crafts, etc, but it still is in my mind all the time.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • IF has completely turned my life upside down! However you deal with it and whatever gets you through the day, is the "normal" way because there is no normal.

I had to stop going to school because the doc appointments where making me miss too many classes and my school would not allow more than 2 missed. We've been working A LOT to save up for IVF so I don't ever have weekends free anymore. We don't see our friends as often because we rather spend our free time with each other just relaxing. And you really do try to give yourself tons of busy work just to not think about what you are going through.

Even then, the minute I sit still for a second, the thoughts are there. Nagging at me. There is no secret cure for it, or at least I haven't found it. 

• Yes, it completely took over my thoughts to the point that I felt I should see a counselor. Her best advice was to let go of the things that I cannot change. Easier said then done but I have tried pretty hard and it has helped some.

She also told me to wear a rubber band on my wrist and snap it whenever I was obsessing over IF. I never wore the rubber band but I did try to "snap myself out of it" when I would get lost in my thoughts.

• The one thing I hate the most about it is the 2WW... I had gotten to a point where I was running 3 to 5 miles a day.  Doctors office says no running after the IUI. That makes it hard to be distracted.  The one thing that had become a part of me is missing for two weeks a month.  On the upside though, i now have a standing weekly dinner date with a friend who makes things easier.
    Hoping for the dream! IUI #1- 3/16- BFN IUI #2- 4/13- BFN IUI #3- 5/
  • imagemlgalla:
    The one thing I hate the most about it is the 2WW...
    That's the point that's hardest for me too. I'm okay enough when we're gearing up to O, probably because I can "do" something about it then. But the 2ww and especially once the test is negative, but you haven't got CD1 yet...
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"