2nd Trimester

What is usu considered the end of Trimester 1?

I thought 13 wks 3 days, but I've read 12 wks elsewhere.  Thanks:)
March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is usu considered the end of Trimester 1?

• I always thought it was 12 weeks but then when I was actually in my first trimester, I read that week 14 is the beginning of the second trimester.  I've seen week 13 and week 14. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are 3 ways to calculate the different trimesters.  Depending on which you use the end of the 1st trimester/start of the 2nd trimester can be 12 weeks, 13w3d or 14w5d. 

The three basic ways to calculate trimesters

There are basically three ways of dividing up a pregnancy into the three trimesters; they are by:
    Development,   Gestation,   Conception. They give different dates for when the second trimester begins and for when the third trimester begins. Your health care provider might prefer to use the Development method, while another Midwife or Doctor may use the Gestation method.
    I am sure they do that just to confuse pregnant women.  Big Grin

by Development:

This uses actual developmental stages to divide up a pregnancy. From LMP to 12 weeks the embryo develops all the major organs and becomes a fetus. From 12 weeks to 27 weeks the fetus continues developing and reaches viability. From 27 weeks on the fetus finishes development and prepares for delivery. Here the second trimester begins at 12w 0d and the third at 27w 0d.

by Gestation:

With this method you take the 40 weeks of gestation and divide into three equal stages. Here the second trimester begins at 13w 3d and the third at 26w 6d.

by Conception:

This method is where you take the 38 weeks of post conception development, divide by three, into the three equal trimesters. Here the second trimester begins at 14w 5d and the third at 27w 3d.

https://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TB generally considers 13w3d to be the start of the 2nd trimester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • great question, this was confusing me also! Glad to know im there! 

Married my soul mate 11-11-11
    Had DD on her EDD 11-04-12
    Natural M/C @5w6d EDD 10-16-14
    Pregnant with Tiny 2.0 EDD 01-06-15

• My doctor said 13 weeks.  What to Expect When You're Expecting says 14 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"