Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY How far along will you announce?

I'm posting this mainly because it seems like a lot of my FB friends have announced really earl on. 

When you get KU at how many weeks are you going to wait to announce?

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 

2. Close friends. 

4. Facebook. 

Re: GTKY How far along will you announce?

• Options

I'll go first. 

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Probably soon, like as soon as we find out or a week later.

2. Close friends. 12 weeks.

4. Facebook. Never.

• Options

imageGem11:

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 12 weeks (at least, i hope i can keep it that long)

2. Close friends. 12 weeks

4. Facebook.  never

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. : After it's confirmed with the doctor

2. Close friends. : After our first ultrasound

4. Facebook.: 12 weeks. 

1. All of our family lives far away from us, if we happen to be KU now, DH's parents are coming in a few weeks - so we would tell them in person.  Not sure about the rest..

2. Close friends. Tough one, would like to wait at least until 8 weeks - but since I do like to have a few drinks out and a few friends know we are trying, I'm guessing people will figure it out earlier.  Not too worried about this, figure will tell some early and keep it quiet for a while.

4. Facebook.   Would wait until 12 weeks or so - too many people I"m not super close with anymore to feel comfortable sharing earlier online

~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Right away.

2. Close friends. Probably about 12 weeks if not right away as well.

4. Facebook. When we find out what we are having.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Probably as soon as we find out.  I am not good at keeping secrets!

2. Close friends. Probably around 8 weeks, after my first appointment.

4. Facebook. 12 weeks, but knowing my group of friends, as soon as they know facebook will know.

image image

Me: 34 Dh: 41, Married: Oct 15th 2011

Me: Deteriorating Ovarian Reserve, Hostile Uterus

Dh: Slow but Healthy Swimmers

Round 1 Clomid 100mg 7/12/2013

BFP 8/2/2013 EDD 4/14/2014

Charlotte Born on 4/23/3014

http://beanagirl01.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (JIIT)

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. With L we didn't tell a single person until I was 14 weeks, our parents were the first to find out.

2. Close friends. I honestly don't have many friends that I keep in touch with enough that I would tell I was KTFU.  We worked at the same company and that's where most of our "friends" were.  We didn't tell work until I was 24 weeks pregnant.

4. Facebook.  We didn't announce it on Facebook until after we told work, so probably around 25 weeks.  I wasn't in a huge hurry to get "congrats" from people I stalk and never talk to on Facebook.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Probably pretty soon (like a week or two) after that BFP.

2. Close friends. I will probably tell a few really super friends after a week or two also. The rest of my friends might have to wait until 12 weeks.

4. Facebook. Hmmmm, I probably wouldn't post it because I am not that into facebook these days. But someone might post it for me or start putting congratulation messages up there, thereby alerting everyone.
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 12 weeks, though I will probably talk DH into a little earlier

2. Close friends. After we tell our family

4. Facebook.  Probably around 20 weeks.

Started TTC 4/2011.
    Unexplained IF - Started seeing RE on 4/12
    Went on to do three medicated +TI cycles, 3 medicated IUIs - all BFN. 
    10/14 - 1st IVF, Lupron protocol using menopur and bravelle. 14 eggs retrieved, 8 mature and 6 fertilized. 2 transferred and two frozen embies waiting. - BFP!!! 
    EDD 7/16/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1) Probably 10-12 weeks if I can hold out.

2) 10-12 weeks as well. (one friend will know right away)

4) Maybe 20-25 weeks or maybe when I'm due. I won't announce it at all so people will proably see pics of me on there and figure it out or they'll see a new baby pic and figure it out.

EDIT I would like to try to keep this private. I have had losses in the past and one late loss so I am nervous about how things will go. I would rather not have everyone aware of everything that's going on.

My mother kind of just knows these things. She was able to figure it out on her own with each of my nieces and nephews. When I get pregnant I'll have to stay away from her for a few weeks.

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings.  I tell my parents and sisters right away.  I've had 2 CPs (one of them was today) and I need to have that support system there.  I couldn't go through that without the support of my family.

2. Close friends.  My BFFs get to know right away...again for the support thing.  But only the friends I talk to daily.

4. Facebook.  We were like 14 weeks along at that point...and there was never a big announcement...but it was when we started telling other people and it just ended up on FB somehow...it was not made a big deal on there though.

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Right away (at least my family. DH's mom has a BIG mouth, we've already agreed to wait until 12 weeks with her).

2. Close friends. I have two friends I would tell right away. Everyone else, at 12 weeks.

4. Facebook.  Me, never. DH - at 12 weeks. He's such a diva and loves the attention.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. I would tell them prob. within that week. Immediately!

2. Close friends. Immediately

3. Facebook.  Prob. not until Dr. confirms with ultrasound. I think that is around 12 weeks.

Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. DH's parents and my sister within days, my parents... maybe 2-3 months?

2. Close friends. Best friend - probably the day I find out, other close friends, I'm guessing 1-2 months.

4. Facebook. I will try hard not to post anything for 3-4 months, but want to try to avoid a public announcement once it does come up.

• Options
    imageGem11:

I'm posting this mainly because it seems like a lot of my FB friends have announced really earl on. 

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings:  probably as soon as we get results from beta testing...maybe wait a day.  They all know about our IF treatments and know about steps along the way, so it would be obvious.

2. Close friends  8-12 weeks 'ish

4. Facebook.    Probably around 20 weeks

• Options
    imageGem11:

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. probably pretty immediately once I verify through Dr.

2. Close friends. 12 weeks or as long as I can visually hide it

4. Facebook.  Maybe never....will play this one by ear!

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings.  First BFP, just like last time.

2. Close friends. Same as above or when I see them because they always find out anyway.  Last time I had to tell them after my BFP because we had a Vegas trip planned for a bachelorette party and I had to cancel. 

4. Facebook.  After the 12 wk NT scan.

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Well, with my first BFP we planned on waiting the 12 weeks except for my brother who lives 2 blocks from me and we would have told them probably pretty early.  My whole family knows I had a m/c and they were so supportive that now I wouldn't hesitate to tell them earlier.  I'd probably wait until 6 weeks to tell them.

2. Close friends. My best friend was the 2nd person who knew - I told her the day after DH.  Would be the same next time.  My closest friends who know about my m/c would know at about 6 weeks as well... everyone else would be 12 weeks.

4. Facebook.  Probably 12 weeks/after we get our first good ultrasound picture.

Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    imageCopperT0p:

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. With L we didn't tell a single person until I was 14 weeks, our parents were the first to find out.

2. Close friends. I honestly don't have many friends that I keep in touch with enough that I would tell I was KTFU.  We worked at the same company and that's where most of our "friends" were.  We didn't tell work until I was 24 weeks pregnant.

4. Facebook.  We didn't announce it on Facebook until after we told work, so probably around 25 weeks.  I wasn't in a huge hurry to get "congrats" from people I stalk and never talk to on Facebook.

Love this! Yes

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

DH and I are both terrible at keeping secrets, so the below is a "hopefully we can keep the secret this long" 

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. - as soon as the pee stick dries
    -
    actually for the next 3 cycles, I have really cute ways of telling them lined up depending if I actually get KU in the next 2.5 months.  Most of my ideas would be about a week after testing.

2. Close friends. - very close friends: 6-8 weeks, as soon as we see a strong heartbeat.  There are only 3-4 people that fall into this category.

4. Facebook.  12 weeks
    - we're one of "those people" that announced our engagement over FB, and we'll probably do the same with pregnancies too.  I figure anyone who would be offended by not finding out in person fall into the 2 categories above

• Options
    imageGem11:

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 12-14 weeks

2. Close friends. what friends?

4. Facebook.  I'm never on so never?

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 12 weeks

2. Close friends. 12 weeks (with the exception of maybe 1 of my close friends who has been through pregnancy just for advice - she's pretty tight lipped about things so I trust her)

4. Facebook. Probably a few weeks after I've told everyone else I want to tell in person.

TTC #1 Me: 30/DH: 35
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 

- Immediately, probably. I'll be too excited to wait. 

2. Close friends. 

- Probably somewhere between 8-12 weeks 

4. Facebook.  

-Most likely no sooner than 12 weeks. I keep in touch with a lot of people on FB (such as my Fraternity Brothers) - so a FB announcement isn't lame/pointless for me.

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 12 weeks

2. Close friends. after family

4. Facebook. NEVER!!!!!!

• Options
    Immediate family and close friends will know as soon as the pee dries lol I look at it as if something goes wrong, I will need their support. I will come out on FB after my cerclage surgery. Complications could arise but once those clear we will announce. Last time, I had a folder to AW my bump pics and I plan on doing that again. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings.   My parents right away.  DH's family maybe a couple months.

2. Close friends.  My best friend right away.  Close friends at 12 weeks.

4. Facebook. Maybe 16 weeks
    My Chart My Blog

After almost 2 years of TTC and fertility treatments we got a surprise BFP in May 2013
    1/14/14 Baby Boy!! 
    TTC for #2 October 2015

• Options
    1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. -Well I've had 2 cp in the past year so I'd like to wait until at least my first Dr. Appt!  Ideally I would want to wait unt the 2nd tri because my mom and mil are big mouths lol 2. Close friends. -my best friend probably as soon as I found out, my other close friends probably not until the 2nd tri3. Facebook.   -at the minimum the 2nd tri but I would like to wait until we found out the sex
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since May 2011-Me 26 DH 24
    BFP 7.01.2011 c/p @ 4wks3.2012 Metformin 500mg for irregular cycles
  • Options
    vpinevpine member

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings:  That same day of BFP

2. Close friends. After 7 weeks to close friends, to coworkers after 3 months

4. Facebook. No Facebook for me
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Probably around 6-8 weeks

2. Close friends. 8-12 weeks. We are all really close and a lot of us have been TTGP at the same time so its a huge topic for us. 

3. Facebook. facebook just found out recently we got married 6 months ago....so I don't know if I will even announce on there.

• Options
    1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Probably around 8 weeks

2. Close friends. I have a couple that I will tell right away and then the rest will be around 10 weeks

4. Facebook.  12 weeks

TTC: 8/11    BFP: 5/13   EDD:2/2/14   Born 1/13/14

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. Maybe a week after we find out, maybe when it's confirmed by a doctor.  I think we'll make the decision after it happens.

2. Close friends. Probably around 8 weeks

3. Facebook.  When well into the 2nd trimester.  We've made friends in different parts of the country as we've moved around a little bit, so we definitely would want them to know.  We don't always talk regularly, but use FB to keep in touch.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings: we'll probably tell our families after the first ultrasound ish, other than my dad. We'll tell him when we find out if it is a boy or girl probably.

2. Close friends: my two best friends will probably find out the same day DH does. Our circle of friends will probably be after families- somewhere around the 2nd tri, but it will probably come out sooner than that when I turn down a drink, haha

4. Facebook. where's #3? Facebook will probably be when we find out if its a boy or girl.

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think we might do things differently the second time around.  With DS we told my bff within a week of finding out.  She lives in a different state and we don't have a lot of close mutual friends. So if she told people it wouldn't matter and it gave me someone to talk to about everything that was going on.  Then we told our families and close friends at 10 weeks (it was christmas) and the rest of the world around 13-14 weeks.

Next time around I think we will tell a few close friends and my parents (my inlaws can't keep a secret).  Just in case we lose the baby.  I've had several close friends recently who have gone through a loss and they all say that they made it through because they had their loved ones there supporting them. And one friend who kept her miscarriage a secret and said it was the hardest thing she'd ever been through and wished that she had just opened up to the people around her.  Sorry this is long, but that's my 2 cents.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. As soon as we know.

2. Close friends. 12 weeks

4. Facebook.  Maybe not at all. The constant updates from other people are rather annoying, but I think I feel that way because I'm already on TB and don't really care to see it anywhere else!

Was there a #3?
    siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageGem11:

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. 6 weeks

2. Close friends. I have only 1 close friend I will tell aruond 6 weeks, the rest can wait until 12!

4. Facebook.  12 weeks

• Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. We will probably tell my parents after my 1st ultrasound, so 6ish weeks. I used to say I'd wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone but they were really supportive after my miscarriage earlier this month and I'd want them to know. Siblings will probably be told just before 12 weeks because we want to make sure they hear it from us. DH's parents will be told last because they are incapable of keeping their mouths shut. We won't tell them until we are comfortable with the entire rest of the world knowing.

2. Close friends. After 12 weeks.

4. Facebook.  Never. I have too many families members that have been through IF to know how much it would hurt them. Besides, anyone on facebook would already have been told so an announcement would be worthless.

image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    ah625ah625 member

1. Your immediate family - When we know the gender. I'm thick, this is not impossible.

2. Close friends. - When we know the gender.

3. Facebook. - Don't have one.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings.  With DS we told them around 10 weeks and will do the same (if not later) for the next one

2. Close friends. It came out around 11 weeks. Next one will be the same

4. Facebook. I don't think I made any sort of announcement until we knew what we were having which was at 22 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Your immediate family like mom & dad, and siblings. We will tell parents after confirmation

2. Close friends. After we hear the heartbeat - 6-8 weeks

3. Facebook. Never.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"