TTC after 35

Prego chit chat at work today :(

I was in a meeting today w/ a 12 wk pregnant women and another women who has 3 children so the minute we sit down the discussion turns to how the pregnant women is feeling, her symptoms and then the other women chimes in about her own pregnancy symptoms and maternity clothes and on and on and ON!

All the while I'm sitting there dying inside...sometimes I just want to shout you know i was pregnant too and had all those symptoms too but guess what i had two m/c so there...I just didn't say anything and smiled along. Needless to say I couldn't focus the rest of the meeting, I just wanted out of there. Of course the pregnant women was rubbing her nonexsistent bump the whole time.. lovely monday I'm having..

nate and teddy
Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prego chit chat at work today :(

• I hate getting caught offguard in discussions like that.  I hope the rest of your day goes better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Yeah, one of the only other women I work with has just revealed that she is 5 months along (she's tiny and not really showing) BY ACCIDENT.  It's hard to feel happy for her, although she is a nice person.  Luckily I have an office that I can shut myself in so I don't have to hear the pregnancy chatter.  So I hear ya.
  • Loading the player...
  • I mean I realize life goes on and I can't live in a bubble, but it would certainly make things easier sometimes. This one women is kind of a bully, so it's especially hard for me to feel for her, and I know she did IVF because she has a schedule of when she wants to have her kids, ( I don't know why she admits this to people) if only we all had that luxury..

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!

• That's rough. Little reminders are hard enough, big reminders are UGH.

Honestly, if I were you, I would have chimed in about how I felt during pregnancy. Your experience is just as valid and if they get uncomfortable, well, they started it. 

• For me, when this happens, I usually say.  "Oh, I remember that", or "when I was pregnant".  Outside of my work environment, I'll chime in.  Why not, I had the experience.  Sometimes, it makes people uncomfortable, but it all works out in the wash.  

But at work, I can't say anything.  They don't know.  I can't let them know.  I even came to work the day I MC'd last time.   Anyway, so with that being said, I had a similar uncomfortable experience today.

My boss says to me... We are arranging a baby shower for Tracey, do you want to be included?

Now, Tracey and I don't know each other well. But she is the same age as me, has the same job as me (but different office), had the same life experiences which resulted in TTCafter35.  She has had a lot of difficulty TTC with multiple MCs (like me), and she is due in July. The last time we met, we were both about 6-8wks along ( (I was due end of June) and neither of us knew the other was pregnant. 

I MC'd, she's having a shower. So anyway, I'm happy for her, I have to be cause I want people to be happy for me and I'll go to the shower.  It might be difficult though.  I'll be the only childless woman there. 

Chin up... stay strong

P

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Sorry you're having a cruddy day.  Me too.  I work in an office with 3 women who are pregnant, and about 20-24 weeks along.  They all sit within 1 or 2 cubes of me, so its non-stop baby talk all day, every day.  They even stop by my desk to chit chat about it. 

I used to have an office, but due to constrcution/remodeling, had to give it up.  I miss my door.  :(

Hope tomorrow is more tolerable for you.

Me: 37 DH: 43 20+ years post-vasectomy and AMA PAIF / SAIF Welcome!
  • That just sucks all the way around.

And how rude? First of all, not all pregnant women want to talk solely about being pregnant. As if they had no other function/personality/etc. other than housing a fetus. 

Second of all, there was someone else in the room. 

I try to go to my happy place when things like this happen to me. I disappear into my little fantasy world where I rock (maybe I'm saving someone from a runaway horse, scoring a game-winning try after foiling multiple tackle-attempts, or if I'm feeling particularly sassy-- I'll imagine something that people with kids can't do). Maybe you can "go to your happy place" next time these women are around you?

Goodness knows that they are too rude to miss you...

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"