May 2012 Moms

Had my 36wk appointment/exam

Yeah, I think it was just about as (non) eventful as the rest of them! Found out I gained 3 lbs in the past week. I was shocked. It's so all baby (I'm all belly). But now I know why my stretch marks have looked worse! Lol! I'm not dilated any but baby is head down. I've gained 19lbs now & am really starting to wonder how big this kid is gonna be! I guess the whole not gaining weight or losing it in the last month doesn't apply to me! I just keep thinking that maybe in the last couple weeks I won't really gain any. Doc didn't say what I'm measuring at but I got a glance at the tape & it looked like around 38 (last wk I was at 37).

Now I just need to decide if I wanna take a nap or go do a little shopping & finish the nursery.....hmm.....

Hope everyone else has good appointments this week! :) 

Re: Had my 36wk appointment/exam

• I have my 36 week Wednesday and I'm very excited for it.  Not only do I have a bit of a bone to pick with my midwife for not telling me a few things I learned at L&D last week but I also am going to request a fetal fibronectin test because of the contractions I've been having and the pre-term labor "scare" last week.  Hopefully I'll get some answers!!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Don't you hate it when you're told things/hear things that your doc should be telling you?!? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds good! I have my 36 week tomorrow and another growth ultrasound. Last time I had an ultrasound, baby was in the 46th percentile. I definitely feel like she has grown in the past month so I'm looking forward to seeing what they are estimating her at, now! Did you get the Strep B test today? My office does it at 36 weeks so I have that to look forward to, but I've heard it is relatively painless. I don't believe they will do an internal because I think they start them at 37 weeks. I guess I'll find out!
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebornmommy:
    I have my 36 week Wednesday and I'm very excited for it.  Not only do I have a bit of a bone to pick with my midwife for not telling me a few things I learned at L&D last week but I also am going to request a fetal fibronectin test because of the contractions I've been having and the pre-term labor "scare" last week.  Hopefully I'll get some answers!!!

I'm due May 30th too! I have my appt on Wed as well I hope I get some really good news (I don't know what but I just want something LOL)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Don't feel bad about the 3 lbs.  I did the same thing at my 34 week appt.  When I had my 36 week appt. I had only gained 1 lb. (I'm up 21 total lbs.)  so it kinda-sorta equaled out.  The baby is putting on about 1/2 lb. a week now...this is prime weight gain time!  Sometimes you'll even lose a couple pounds the last 2 weeks because of water weight.  I lost a total of 4 pounds in the last couple of weeks of my first pregnancy!  Try not to stress too much about how big baby will be either...DH has a history of big babies in his family (mine were small-to-avg.) and DD1 ended up being 7lbs. 9 oz.  Even if you did measure a couple weeks ahead, that measurement is usually +/- 1 or 2 weeks anyway!
  • imageHeather2256:
    Don't you hate it when you're told things/hear things that your doc should be telling you?!? 

Seriously!  I ask a ton of questions to try and stay informed but I feel like I shouldn't have to ask questions just to stay informed...some information should just be shared!  (BTW, being a FTM, I have no clue of half the things I should be wondering about so even more of a reason!!!)

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imageblueshamrock7:
    Sounds good! I have my 36 week tomorrow and another growth ultrasound. Last time I had an ultrasound, baby was in the 46th percentile. I definitely feel like she has grown in the past month so I'm looking forward to seeing what they are estimating her at, now! Did you get the Strep B test today? My office does it at 36 weeks so I have that to look forward to, but I've heard it is relatively painless. I don't believe they will do an internal because I think they start them at 37 weeks. I guess I'll find out!

I had the group B test today. And literally did not even feel her doing it. Just a small touch with a swab and your done.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • imageschemrich:

I had the group B test today. And literally did not even feel her doing it. Just a small touch with a swab and your done.  

Sweet! Thanks.

--Danielle :-)
  • imagebornmommy:
    I have my 36 week Wednesday and I'm very excited for it.  Not only do I have a bit of a bone to pick with my midwife for not telling me a few things I learned at L&D last week but I also am going to request a fetal fibronectin test because of the contractions I've been having and the pre-term labor "scare" last week.  Hopefully I'll get some answers!!!

This is only a useful test prior to 35 weeks because after that your cervix starts to change in preparation for labour.

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • Yeah they did the test/swab & I barely noticed. Then he asked if I wanted him to check & see if I was dilated any & said yes. So it makes me wonder if they normally do at this point.
  • ElinJElinJ member
    I had my 36wk checkup today too!  Strep B test was done, found out I am 1/2 a cm dilated (Dr didn't expect me to be dilated at all), and I think I've gained 4 more pounds since my 34 week checkup!  I guess this totally makes up for not gaining any weight in the 5 week span that included Thanksgiving!  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"