TTC After a Loss

Intro--it's been a tough week

Hi ladies.  Wish I didn't have to introduce myself here, but I do.  DH and I have been married and TTC for 6 months.  We got a BFP last month, but a week ago I had a mc.  I thought I was handling it well...until my brother-in-law's wedding this weekend.  I felt like I was hit on all sides.  My in laws were asking when they were getting grandchildren, my new sister-in-law was telling people to look to me for grandchildren first, and DH's friends (correctly) assumed that the reason why I hadn't been drinking the last few times they saw me was because I was pregnant.  So of course they were all shocked to see me drinking and wanted to talk about it.  I kept trying to decide which torture was worse--having people tell me they thought I was pregnant and talking about when I'm going to have babies, or going ahead and telling them that I *was* pregnant but I'm not anymore.  I told DH that I'm going to have a hard time hanging out with his friends for a while if they're going to keep speculating on whether or not I'm pregnant and talking to me about it.

So, long story short, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you so we can help each other through this difficult TTC journey...

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 

Re: Intro--it's been a tough week

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. I hope you find the support your looking for here.

If haven't yet please check out our blog (link is in my siggy)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So sorry for your loss and what happened at the wedding this weekend.  I hate when people get nosey like that, but I'm at a bitter point in my TTCAL journey where I just tell them exactly what happened, and that usually shuts them right up Stick out tongue.  Welcome to the board, hope to get to "know" you better!
    Me (28): fine, DH (28): MFI
    Married 6/21/09
    Off BCP and TTC 4/17/11
    BFP #1 (ended in CP) 7/15/11
    Varicocelectomy surgery 9/4/12 - T improved to normal, but still low count

Current Status: Pursuing Jan '15 IVF w/ ICSI
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

image    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope that you are able to find the same comfort and support that I have found here.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• ((hugs))
    My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort here.  Welcome and (HUGS)
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe avoid the people that will ask questions for a while. Hard to imagine right now I am sure, but it really does get better with time. That amount of time is different for everyone though, so don't be concerned if it takes you a while. I hope you can find the support you need here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. welcome to the board (((((hugs)))))
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  People are so nosey!  Welcome to the board. 
    DD 9/2/13

• imageSmootiepie:
    So sorry for your loss and what happened at the wedding this weekend.  I hate when people get nosey like that, but I'm at a bitter point in my TTCAL journey where I just tell them exactly what happened, and that usually shuts them right up Stick out tongue.  Welcome to the board, hope to get to "know" you better!

I'm totally doing this next time so I don't suffer silently.  They would shut up because they wouldn't know what to say!  I'm sure no one would speculate on my drinking habits after that, at least not to my face. 

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • I am so so sorry for your loss. It is truly devastating. I hope you find comfort and support here.

BTW- your furbabies are so cute. Aren't they such a comfort during this difficult time? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"