Multiples

S/O to tandem nursing- what positions?

For the MoMs who tandem nursed, what positioned worked best and did it change as they got older?  What's the best resources for learning how to tandem nurse?

I nursed DS for 14 months- but this is a whole new ball game!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O to tandem nursing- what positions?

• My babies are only three months, so we've just done one position- I think it's called the double football hold or something.  Each baby is on his/her back on my twin nursing pillow, along my sides.  Works great, and I'm hands free.  There are Youtube videos that show how to tandem nurse, and also the lactation consultants at the hospital helped get me started before we were discharged.
  • I only ever did the double football hold.  Worked for all of us, so I never changed it up.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I got this link regarding Tandem Nursing on youtube.  Here is the link to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPsO8o9G4s

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Football hold, with the twin nursing pillow. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekburnside:

I got this link regarding Tandem Nursing on youtube.  Here is the link to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wPsO8o9G4s

Amazing- she's got it down to a science.  Makes it looks so easy!  I couldn't undertsnad how you could be hands-free, but now that I see all the extra pillows she uses to get them to the right level I see how it can be.  Thanks so much for posting!

• Double football 98% of the time.

On occassion, cradle one and foot ball another or cradle one and cross cradle the other.

I never tandemed them during the day, though, because I had tendinitis that made it hard to position them without help. 

I think having done one before will help a TON.  It did me.  I had a LC who had twins help me, which was great.  If you can't find that (rare, I assume), I'd see if you can just find a MoM to bounce ideas off of! 

• I've only used the double football hold when tandem nursing. The others just never looked feasible to me.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Cradle one and football the other one.  I tandem 98% of the time and have been doing it this way since they were around 8 weeks.  Prior to that I found tandem nursing to be challenging.  It's pretty easy now.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"