TTC after 35
Options

What's the next step if Provera doesn't work?

Hi!  I haven't had a period since early Jan and Doc finally put me on Provera for 10 days, expecting to have a period 3-4 days later. Well it's been 8 and still nothing, put a call in to her this morning but sometimes it takes them a day or two to get back to you. So I'm wondering what happens now? will they try provera again? is there a higher dose or something?

My hormone levels are good according to the bloodwork, I can't make a baby without a period/ovulating and I'm gettting frustrated..... oh and I turn 39 in less than 3 months so time is ticking by unfortunately

Any helpful advice would be appreciated!! 

Me:39 DH:35, trying for our first baby! Proud mom to 3 boys, 18,13, and 8 yrs old image
My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Tracker

Re: What's the next step if Provera doesn't work?

• Options

I did Provera in March and it took 10 days before I saw anything and it wasn't much.  I called the RE and they told me up to 10 days before I should worry.  They had me come back in and do an u/s to see what was going on and I had cysts which may be why it didn't work for me. 

If it's cysts causing the problem they will typically put you on BCP's for a month or so to make them go away. 

Me- 37, DH- 32. TTC- June 2010- Adoption journey started April 2012 image
  • Options
    My RE told me that it could take as much as 14 days.  I was in the same boat & was freaking out.  It finally came 13 days after stopping Provera.  Hopefully it will come sooner rather than later for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"