Natural Birth

Stalled labor. Posterior cervix...

Gah, I went to l&d last night/this morning. I am 4cm 85% effaced. I was contracting 3-7 minutes apart lasting 1 minute. After having no change they sent me home to labor. Now contractions have stalled out. They said I'm not making any more progress because me cervix is very posterior. Baby is at a +1 station.

Any tips to keep things moving or move things along? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Stalled labor. Posterior cervix...

• Try just walking around. Let gravity help. And don't stay in one position for too long. I've heard of plenty of women who dilated 2 or 3 centimeters just from flipping over or  standing up from a kneeling position. My cervix stayed extremely posterior until I was 6 centimeters. I paced and paced until I couldn't stand with the pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just wait it out and try to get some rest in the mean time.    It will happen eventually posterior or not.  

- Mom of two posterior babes who both came well after her EDD

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Loading the player...
  • In our Bradley class week we watched a Patty Simpkin video that had a segment on posterior presentation/stalled labor and she advocated doing 'side lunges', and walking stairs. I know some of her technique videos can be found on you tube. Might be worth a try.

• I recommend trying to get a rest in if you can before things pick up again.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CelynCelyn member

Just in case you couldn't find the videos mentioned, it's Penny Simkin.   

I like very wide stair stepping (not climbing, stand with your feet wide apart just put your foot up two steps, lunge into it and then step up, and come down and repeat on the other side) - visualize what a sumo wrestler would look like going up stairs. 

Also Naoli Vinaver's "Hip Shifting" vibration technique:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyww8GZnT3k

• After being in labor for about 12 hours, my midwife manually moved my posterior cervix into the right position.  She had me do squats between contractions to keep things moving and I had my baby three hours later :)
    imageimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"