Pregnant after a Loss

Is eating healthy hard for anyone else b/c nothing sounds good?

Anyone know why that for some people in pregnancy, eating healthy is just not appetizing? Any time I think of veggies, etc. it makes me nauseous. On the other hand, the only things that sound good are Taco Bell and McDonalds. Anyone else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is eating healthy hard for anyone else b/c nothing sounds good?

• I was like that in my first trimester too. It got sooooooo much better after weeks 12-14. I went back to eating normally. Hopefully it'll pass soon!
  • Yes.  I have a hard time eating meat and veggies right now.  Fruit and carbs are the main thing.  The only think I seem to be able to eat at any time is Cheetos.  Otherwise my favorite food is "new."  I can't eat the same thing twice.  You know how when you get sick after eating a certain food, even if that food didn't make you sick you just can't eat it again.  Well I feel sick every minute of every day.  So once I have eaten something I cannot stand to eat it again.  Which is really annoying since I cannot eat a full meal and there are often left overs.  Thankfully my husband will eat most of it eventually.
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. My breakfast today was chocolate covered raisins and tea. For me eating anything at this point is what I need. I am trying to stay healthy but whatever I can stomach is what I eat. I was down 8 pounds now I am only down 2-4 depending on the day. And I am happy I am not so sick which is why I eat what my stomach tells me to. That said in the next few weeks I am going to try to eat food that is better for me. And if my m/s wasn't so severe I wouldn't be eating this way now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lycihlycih member
    Yes, I've been eating more bread products in the last few weeks than I normally eat, BY FAR! 
    My OB said not to worry too much about what you're eating in first tri, just to eat what you can manage, and whatever doesn't worsen the nausea.  But, once you hit second tri, just be vigilant about not letting yourself stay in that carb-heavy cycle and try to consciously add in the proteins and veggies again. 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• LOL you totally sound like me.  I'm almost 12 wks now and now it's not as bad.  I'm eating more fruits and veggies than I was before. Before all I wanted was fried cheese sticks and Wendy's and Burger King breakfast every day. lol  Nothing else sounded good at all. 
  • I ate like crap in first tri.  I pretty much existed on Kraft mac and cheese and cold cereal.

Come week 12-13, I felt better, and now I'm eating normally (though in greater quantities than before, ha).

two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I was like that in 1st tri for my two other pregnancies.  I've decided that when it comes to food, 1st tri is all about survival.  Eat what you can, when you can, and worry about the rest later.  Of course, don't overeat, but don't worry if what you do get down isn't healthy...something is better than nothing.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I am on the same boat. I get self conscious over it. I don't know if my body is confused? We got pg right after my D&C. I was pretty much not pg for 2 weeks. I think I'll be showing sooner but then I remind myself I have a healthy baby growing. I can't wait til I can go back to eating my salads. 

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It took me up until last week to be able to start eating SOME regular foods again. Hang in there!
  • YES! The only thing I wanted 1st Tri was McDonalds fries and double cheeseburgers... and that was rarely when I wasn't nauseous.

Luckily this past week I have been getting my normal appetite back so I will try and eat a bit healthier. Poor DH hasn't had a good home-cooked dinner in a while. He has had to fend for himself.

Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Right now nothing really sounds good so I'm trying to force myself to eat healthier foods.  Last pregnancy the Chicken Snack Wrap from McD's was one of the few things that tasted good.  

I've found that blander, smaller portions help too.  Applesauce was a huge help last pregnancy, as was pudding.  :)  

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • YES. And it is so frustrating, as I am normally an anally healthy eater. Lately, in place of my salads and veggies, I've been consuming tons of meat, mac and cheese, french toast, and in general, much denser foods than I'm accustomed to.

I am hoping that by the second tri I can get back into my good habits. Of course, knowing how important it is to get great nutrition in the first tri, and knowing that eating healthily isn't always in the cards for me (if I want to keep from throwing up), really sucks. : /

A trick I've been practicing is to shove down some veggies directly AFTER I eat something crappy. That way, I can nearly stomach them. Ha.

Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
  • UGH, YES.   I spent the weekend throwing up any and all water.   Which is insane.  I had no problem whatsoever keeping down soda, lemonade, milk, tea and so on.   But water?  Instant vomiting.  Makes no sense.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1st M/C: BO Discovered on 6/23/11 2nd M/C: Missed M/C at 7w3d, discovered on 11/28/11
  • Eating period is hard for me because I have no appetite at all.  I do admit that you're right Taco Bell, McDonald's, BK and Wendy's all sound more appealing to me than a salad or veggie stir-fry. 
  • That's exactly how I am...  I eat once a day and it's nothing but junk.  Then I try to choke down a fruit and spinach smoothie so I feel a little better about myself.  I know it will stop around 12 weeks so I'm trying to just go with it, but not let it get out of control.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 | EDD 4.1.11 | MMC D&C 10.27.10 | 14 weeks
    BFP 2 | EDD 9.29.11 | MC 1.25.11 | 6 weeks
    BFP 3 | EDD 3.4.12 | MC 9.5.11 | 10 weeks
    BFP 4 | Twins EDD 6.7.12 | MC James 10.31.11 Kellen 1.12.12 | 8 weeks/19 weeks

BFP 5 | EDD 12.24.12 | Rainbow Baby in the Making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Formerly known as Nikki04vb**
    ? PGAL/PAL Welcome ?
  • Thank you for posting this! I have felt so guilty, but the only food that sounds good is junk. Especially cheesy popcorn. I try to balance it with watermelon because that still stays down 
    BFP #2 3/30/12 *fingers crossed and lots of prayers* BFP #1 8/5 after 8 mos trying, U/S #1 8/27 no heart beat, but possible fetal pole and sac, U/S #2 9/6 No change from u/s #1, Dx: Blighted Ovum, 9/7 D&C Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm pretty sure I mostly survived on Taco Bell and chocolate chip cookies when I was pregnant. Sometimes I wanted a salad, but it was rare. A lot of the food at TB and McD has veggies Wink
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Yes, I'm having a similar problem.  Althought it's not McD or TBell.    But its certainly not a healthy salad or anything.   I'm naus all day so I've been pretty carb heavy, which always adds weight to my small frame.   I'm determined not to gain as much weight this time so I'm watching it closely and trying hard to be mindful of what I eat.  Good Luck!
    pregnancy due date BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes. I was eating perfectly healthy prior to my BFP and then boom nothing healthy seems appetizing. Up to week 12 now Thank G-d and I am now able to eat fruit and a I'll eat a salad if someone else prepares it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm right there with y'all as well. I'm not throwing up, but I'm vaguely nauseous all the time and there are like 5 things that sound appealing. I have lost 4 lbs so far so I'm just eating whatever I feel like (mostly greek yoghurt and cereal) and letting myself run with it. I choked down a salad yesterday for lunch and spent the whole afternoon regretting it, ugh.
    TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • greenwlgreenwl member
    Yep, I've been having the same problem.  Veggies sound horrible and I can sometimes stomach fruits.  Greek yogurt, which I usually love, makes me sick now.  Of course, bread, cereal and fast food usually sounds great.  I've put on 5 lbs in my first trimester (I will be 2nd trimester in 4 days), which seems like a lot, but everything I read said it is normal.  Over the past two weeks, I have found I am able to stomach some more foods, so I think it is starting to get better.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"