November 2012 Moms
Options

Had my 12 week ultrasound and feeling so much better!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd been having these irrational fears ever since my first ultrasound (at 9 weeks) that something was going to happen and I'd get to the 12 week scan and see no heartbeat or something. Crazy hormones! I know I'm not alone in this, though! I'm high risk because of clotting disorders, so my concerns were doubly crazy.

Anyway! I went for my appointment this morning and everything looks perfect! Baby is measuring exactly to the day, and I got to hear the heartbeat this time (last time I just saw it) at 169! I feel so much better now, finally like I can breathe and be excited.

On to the second trimester soon! Hugs to all the other mommies-to-be out there! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Had my 12 week ultrasound and feeling so much better!

• Options
    That's great!! I think we all have those fears- totally normal. I felt the same way after hearing a strong heartbeat at my 10 week appt with the doppler- such relief!!
    Mom of 3 wonderful kids! Claire (6), Alex (4), and Charlie (2). Can't wait to meet our 4th in November! Married to my best friend for 10 years this July! Due November 14th, 2012! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad everything went well!!! I am having those exact emotions now.  My symptoms even though I did not have that bad of m/s is mostly gone.  I am just worried something is wrong and my next doc appt is next monday but no u/s.... I can't wait to get over the 12 week mark and maybe the worrying will decrease a little Smile but I am sure they will always be there.  Only a few more weeks till 2nd tri!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I've been having these fears that something is not going to be right.  I have my 12 week US tomorrow so I am very impatiently waiting.  Congrats to you and your awesome US!
  • Options

imagekerkkil:
    Glad everything went well!!! I am having those exact emotions now.  My symptoms even though I did not have that bad of m/s is mostly gone.  I am just worried something is wrong and my next doc appt is next monday but no u/s.... I can't wait to get over the 12 week mark and maybe the worrying will decrease a little Smile but I am sure they will always be there.  Only a few more weeks till 2nd tri!

I know exactly what you mean! My morning sickness suddenly went away about 2 weeks ago and I was TERRIFIED that meant something was wrong. And that was on top of the crazy worries I was already having. I hope you at least get to have a doppler at your appointment next week so you can hear the heartbeat and feel better!! 

• Options
    I've got those irrational fears too! My next appt is May 14. I'm hoping they use a doppler then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"