Pregnant after IF

what shoes are you wearing?

any recs for really supportive, comfortable shoes that aren't hideous?

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: what shoes are you wearing?

• I got these really awesome Aerosole sandals.  They are great.  Also a pair of Sketchers maryjanes.  But to be honest, I am mostly wearing my Dearfoam slippers.....even in the car.  LOL!
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • I found OTBT shoes recently, and while some are not attractive, they have a few cute styles. I'm having to find more flats (I normally wear heels), and I have a really hard time finding ones that don't dig into my heel, my big toe knuckle, and don't look ridiculous. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the Aerosoles suggestion.  Sometimes you can find styles from that brand that aren't hideous, and they are super comfortable (even the ones with heels).  Otherwise I've just been wearing various pairs of Skechers sneakers! 

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a lot of foot problems anyway so the only shoes that are really comfy to me are flip flops or running shoes.

I have Ryka running shoes and they're very supportive and comfortable.

Flip flop wise - believe it or not, the cheap flip flops Old Navy sells that come in a million colors are super comfy.

When I had to dress up for work, I used to buy Naturalizer (they have lots of cute styles) shoes whenever I could.

I am so envious of people who can wear cute high heels or espadrilles all day long!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For my commute, I now wear sneakers - otehrwise my ankles, knees and feet ache all nite.

I have a stash of shoes at the office and believe it or not, Easy Spirit now makes a line of super cute, SUPER comfy pumps that I wear almost every day.  The heel is still 3", but I swear they are divine to walk in and my back and legs don't hurt.

• I third the Aerosoles suggestion. I wear them every day.
  • No help in the stylish department lol I have wide feet to begin with, so with all the swelling I can only wear my new balance sneakers....and on days where I can't fit into them I wear my uggs
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just got a pair of Naturalizers called Nominate. I don't know if they meet the not hideous requirement, but they sure are comfy!
    IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im lucky and wear flips everyday to work during the summer. I know everyone is green with envy right now. Stick out tongue

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Im living in flats these days - Right now, my Tory Burch Reva silver ones.
    TTC Since 2009 3 IUIs (with Injectibles) = BFN IVF #1 = BFN IVF #2 = BFP Beta #1 401, Beta # 2= 1127, Beta #3 3900 Ultrasound 4/2 HB 143 bpm! BabyFruit Ticker
  • the old navy cheapy flip flops

and i have some flats -- i have to wear looser shoes cause my feet are swollen. we cant wear tennis shoes to work and right now i cant stand wearing socks.

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• I LOVE my Dansko Serena sandals.  I bought them a few years ago and they are so comfortable!  Pricey, but worth it.  Here is a link to all of their sandals.

https://www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/Styles/Sandals/

They have soft padding on the inside, which is unlike my Dansko clogs (which are hard shoes).  Not sure about their heels as to whether those have soft padding or are hard, but I would try them on to see since I love Danskos so much.

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wear my birks and my keens. They are both comfy to me so far!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • ~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I highly recommend a visit to the walking company if you have one near you!  They used to have mostly hiking-type stuff but they've come a long way, and now they have shoes that are cute in addition to being comfortable.  Today I'm actually wearing my wedding shoes that I bought from Walking Company -- grey suede Umberto Raffini wedges that are super comfy and have obviously lasted me a long time. 

ETA:  I also love the brand Born.  They're expensive if you buy them new at a department store but Ross or Marshall's (can't remember which) always has them for like 1/4 the price.   Sooo comfy and lots of different styles.

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• imagebellalou32:
    Clarks are pretty comfy

This. I wore the same pair of shoes every single day from about 19w pregnant and I'm still wearing them 50% of the time now. I love my Clarks! They were really expensive, but I figure that the $115 was worth it for shoes that got so much use!

These are the ones that I have: https://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/wave_run/86505

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"