June 2011 Moms

sleeping in strange places

How does you LO do when they sleep somewhere else?  Riley does not do good at all!!  Its soo hard to get her to nap at my parents and in laws houses...We don't go out at night to friends houses because she won't sleep there either.  We're going camping this weekend, so I'm getting her use to sleeping in her PnP, and today getting her to nap in a different bedroom in the house in her PnP.  She just finally went to sleep after crying for awhile.  Hopefully this will help her sleep in strange places!

Re: sleeping in strange places

• We're really lucky. If we can get her into a dark place (IE, no distractions!) and have her sleep sheep, she'll sleep almost anywhere. We've made a habit of doing it fairly often though, so she's kind of used to the PNP. She's also in daycare, so she has practice sleeping somewhere besides her bed.

Last night she actually slept at DH's softball game, using my phone white noise app and the Ergo (after I discovered the hood is a magic distraction destroyer!)

ETA...I'm talking about night sleep btw. There is very little chance I could get her to nap well at a friend's house! She barely naps even in perfect conditions!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • She does pretty good anywhere for night sleep as far as getting to sleep but she usually wakes up in the middle of the night or earlier in the morning if we are somewhere new.

For naps we still bounce her to sleep most of the time Embarrassed  so as long as we have an exercise ball to bounce her on she is usually good.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just try to make it as close to home as possible.  She is already used to her pnp because that is what she naps in at my parents house (they pick her up from dc 3 days a week) and when we have to spend the night somewhere.  I always try to make sure wherever we are has a box fan or at the very least I bring her portable sleep machine.  This helps and relax and drowns out some noise.
  • Zoey won't sleep in strange places, which really sucks right now, but is going to suck even more when I go back to work in a month and she is at the sitters! I'm hoping she gets over it sooner rather than later. GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just got home after being on vacation for a week. We stayed in a hotel that has 2 bedroom suites so DD had her own room. They gave us a portable crib to use, which was great, but DD was a little weary of it on the first night. I think most of the reason we had a rough first night, though, was that we went from FL to CO and she probably had a little difficulty with the dramatic change in altitude. 

The front desk gave us 2 humidifiers to use and I think putting one in her room helped her breathe better and also gave her some white noise (she usually has a loud fan on in her room at home). I also brought her lady bug that shines stars on the ceiling and her lovey. I think the more familiarity that you can provide (and the less distractions), the easier they will adjust. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"