September 2011 Moms
Options

Successful road trip!

We had another successful road trip to Kansas! We went to walk in a diabetes walk for my nephew who has type 1 diabetes. Max was well behaved and hammed it up for everyone. He does so well in the car, I'm proud of my sweet boy!

Re: Successful road trip!

• Options
    Yay Max!  It's so great when they behave in the car Smile.  J is either really good, or really bad! Lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds like a fun trip! Gotta love when things go our way! How was the walk? How hold is your nephew? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The walk was great! You could either do a mile or a 5K. We did the 5K and Max actually fell asleep during it. My nephew is 9, he was diagnosed when he was 2. 
  • Options
    Of course you did the 5K! I am so jealous! How cute! Do you have pictures of him sleeping? 2 years old? What were the warning signs or how has he done with managing his diabetes? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I haven't exactly been working out lately so I was super sore after the walk. I need to get my butt off the couch and walk everyday lol! 

My sister's friend that is a professional photographer took pics so as soon as she gets them to us I'll post some. We all wore team shirts and baseball hats since my nephew is a huge sports fan. Max looked adorable!

My nephew does the best he can in managing his diabetes. He has an insulin pump and they have a glucose monitor so they can check his sugars without using a needle at home. My sister and BIL are rock stars! They have 3 rowdy boys and taking care of his diabetes is a full time job. When he was diagnosed he was not gaining weight and was fatigued all the time. Poor baby was screaming and crying constantly, which we now know was blood sugar related. He was in and out of the hospital multiple times before they finally got a proper diagnosis. He is a strong boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"