Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

High Chairs--Recs?

Anyone have a recommendation for a high chair? My main criteria is that it has several different recline positions for different aged babies, has a seat cover thats machine washable or very easy to effectively spot clean, and a tray thats easy to remove/dishwasher safe. Id like to stay under $100 unless you can give me a compelling reason why something more expensive is worth it. Id love something that can slide right up to the table when baby is a little older and doesnt need the separate tray...I was looking at the Safety First AdjusTable one...any thoughts?

Backstory: with DD we used the fisher price space saver high chair that attaches to your usual kitchen chair. Considering our tight space at the time it worked fabulously. This time around we have a bigger kitchen that could accommodate a "normal" high chair and the new furniture we have just doesnt work as well with the space saver--I tried it out and it just doesnt seem as secure as it was with our other chairs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Chairs--Recs?

• Options

Since no one has replied yet...

I would have told you the Space Saver, except you already know it does everything you want it to.  If it doesn't work on your chairs you currently have, you could get a chair just for it.  We did that.  We wanted the space saver, but it didn't work on ANY chairs we had in the house (And we have some random chairs for lessons we teach out of our home).  We bought a plastic Ikea chair that we knew would work for the space saver.  We will put the chair with DD's desk when she is old enough to have a desk.  We still find that we love the space saver and would buy it again...

• Options
    imageCrazyToast:

I would have told you the Space Saver, except you already know it does everything you want it to.  If it doesn't work on your chairs you currently have, you could get a chair just for it.  We did that.  We wanted the space saver, but it didn't work on ANY chairs we had in the house (And we have some random chairs for lessons we teach out of our home).  We bought a plastic Ikea chair that we knew would work for the space saver.  We will put the chair with DD's desk when she is old enough to have a desk.  We still find that we love the space saver and would buy it again...

Yeah, Im thinking that a new chair is one way to go. I also saw another space saver type by First Years (I think) that looks like it would work better for our current chairs so I might check that out as well since its only $40. Part of my issue with my space saver is that it is too tall to fit under my kitchen table so it ends up hanging out on its own far away from the table anyway and semi defeating the space saving purpose! I dont really get it because we have a very standard table so I didnt expect this issue.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekross605:
    imageCrazyToast:

Yeah, Im thinking that a new chair is one way to go. I also saw another space saver type by First Years (I think) that looks like it would work better for our current chairs so I might check that out as well since its only $40. Part of my issue with my space saver is that it is too tall to fit under my kitchen table so it ends up hanging out on its own far away from the table anyway and semi defeating the space saving purpose! I dont really get it because we have a very standard table so I didnt expect this issue.

You could get the First Years one and try it out.  If it doesn't fit, then return it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"