Trouble TTC

Appt - First Discussion about IVF

So, I talked to my RE today about my last failed cycle which was 5 mg Femara, Ovidrel + TI. Did TI rather than IUI because the follies were on the right side, which may be blocked.  It was too bad, b./c i definitely responded better to Femara than Clomid which had thinned my lining.

Once my b/w comes in today and if everything is fine, we'll do the same protocol and hopefully, the follies will be on my left side.

If I get another BFFN this month, we're going to start the IVF process. Skipping injects + IUI entirely. She said the inject cycle would easily eat up $5K of my insurance money (of which I have a $20K limit) and we still run the risk of the follicles being on the side that may be blocked.  With IVF, she said we'd have a 55% chance of success. Could begin it this month if i want to, but my DH and I decided to give IUI one more shot, so we don't feel ike we're rushing into such a major decision. So we'll see.

Sending good vibes to all of you ladies!

Me, 33, DH, 36
Me - Right Tube blocked & Hashi's. DH - Fine
Trying for baby #2 since July 2011
6 natural & 6 medicated cycles, all BFN. 1 missed mc in 10/11.
Surprise natural BFP on 6/18/12, CP on 6/27/12
Began stims (Bravelle & Menopur) for IVF #1 on 7/20/12
ER on 8/2 , 7R, 5F ET on 8/7, 2 embies transferred
Beta #1 - 231 (9dp5dt), Beta #2 - 695 (12pd5dt)

Re: Appt - First Discussion about IVF

• I think it's a very smart decision not to rush into IVF. I also agree that injects are too expensive to be worthwhile in this case. I'm not sure why you would go to IVF after only one more try with Femara even. Is there anything besides a blocked tube that would warrant IVF already?
    Photobucket
  • My RE said that after 6+ natural cycles and 5 medicated cycles, it'd be an appropriate time to look at IVF, especially since I have a limited amount of infertility coverage and I wouldn't be in a position to pay for IVF OOP.
    Me, 33, DH, 36
    Me - Right Tube blocked & Hashi's. DH - Fine
    Trying for baby #2 since July 2011
    6 natural & 6 medicated cycles, all BFN. 1 missed mc in 10/11.
    Surprise natural BFP on 6/18/12, CP on 6/27/12
    Began stims (Bravelle & Menopur) for IVF #1 on 7/20/12
    ER on 8/2 , 7R, 5F ET on 8/7, 2 embies transferred
    Beta #1 - 231 (9dp5dt), Beta #2 - 695 (12pd5dt)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"