Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Where do you put your 6 month old to relax?

My LO has outgrown his swing and I'm not sure where to put him to relax.  Since he is a BIG spitter upper, we usually feed him and then let him sit in his swing for a half hour to an hour with so with some toys to digest.  Other than that, we just let him play on a big floor mat and his excersaucer but neither of those are good for relaxing.

Now that he can flip himself out of the swing (yes, even with the harness) I am trying to think of some new ideas or products to get.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks:)

A

Re: Where do you put your 6 month old to relax?

• I agree with PP's I usually sit with DS and he just lounges leaned up against me on the couch if he seems to be gettin tired or whatever. I limit stationary toys to my shower time. Luckily DD or DH keeps him busy while im cooking.
    Mommy of two
  • If he is just wanting to sit but not okay, I usually hold him. He will kick back on me and we will read or he will chew toys. If he wants to play we sit on the floor and he goes through his toy bucket. 

He sits in his bumbo when I'm in the kitchen and that gives me time to do dishes and fold laundry. Gotta figure something else out though because his legs are starting to get stuck in the bumbo.  

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with pp my son hated the swing at 2 mo and gave up the bouncy officially at 4 1/2 mo. at night after bath time its all about the floor the more try to crawl going backwards and forwards tires him out.  We have a jumperoo but that is usually when Im getting stuff done,  I just keep wipes close by if he spits up just use a wipe. I also love to give him floor time before going out then he is ready to get in his seat and chill for a few.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS hasn't been in his swing for months now. He normally will hang out on the floor with some toys or in his exersaucer/walker when I am getting something done. He is also a big spitter and I used to try to avoid things that would cause him to spit up, hoping it would stop. The spitting hasn't stopped and I'm not going to limit activities and play that are helping his development because he spits everywhere. I just deal with it by cleaning up the spit and doing tons of laundry. It is what it is!

When DS gets restless late in the afternoon (when he used to have his catnap), I will put him in his crib, pull his blind 3/4 of the way down and turn his mobile on. He usually just lays there and babbles for a good 15 minutes which seems to help him relax and recharge for the rest of the evening.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"