Trouble TTC

2 weeks late and 5 negative hpt... What should I do?

Hello,
My husband and I have been TTC for almost 2 years now on our own. My AF is normally very regular and I have been using home ovulation tests to pin point my peak fertility. Recently I have lost my medical coverage and I am waiting to be put on my husband's. By problem is... I am 2 weeks late on my period and I have taken 5 hpt that all turned out negative. I have been having nausea, stomach aches, fatigue, occasional strong sense of smell, food aversions and cravings, and frequent urination. I did go to the ER 2 weeks ago for severe nausea, migraine, and slight dehydration. They ended up sending me home with some anti-nausea meds and said I had just had a headache. They did do a urine pregnancy test and it came back negative, but that was 5 days before my missed period. I really want to know if I'm pregnant or not, but I am still waiting on my husband's job to cover me under his insurance so I can't really go into the doctor for a blood test. What do you think?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: 2 weeks late and 5 negative hpt... What should I do?

• With 5 negative tests, the chances of you being pregnant are slim.
  • Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. But I don't know what could be causing me to skip a period. :/ I know I'm still young, but my husband and I wanted to have kids early or at least start trying. My mom took 6 years to get me and 7 years with fertility drugs to get my sister. So it's really discouraging to get a big negative each month, but I'm sure you already know that. :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm going to try to be nice and simply give you the advice that you need to hear:

If after 60 days you haven't started your period then go to your doctor and have them see you.  You will need medication to have your cycle kickstarted (for lack of a better term).  If you are taking pregnacy tests and haven't gotten a postive one, then you aren't pregnant.  Trust me, we've all been there and the first time your cycle goes all wonky, you really want it to be a pregnancy.  And, there is a chance that you could ovulate really late, so it could be worth investing in some cheapies and testing once a week, just in case - but that's really more for your peace of mind than anything else.  Once you have been trying to get pregnant for over a year, its time to see a doctor to get to the bottom of what the problem is. 

Coming on to the TTTC board without a diagnosis and asking us for hope that you are pregnant is not going to go over very well with anyone on this board.  Everyone here is currently seeing a doctor to help them get pregnant.  I know that doesn't diminish what you are going through or make it less scary.  But, we are all way past "I don't know why I could miss a period."  We've all done the research and are trying to work with our bodies as best as we can.  I suggest you read the newbie page and look up some info about missed periods online and educate yourself about your body.  There are many reasons you can miss a period, being pregnant is only one.

• imageKtrynReu:

I'm going to try to be nice and simply give you the advice that you need to hear:

If after 60 days you haven't started your period then go to your doctor and have them see you.  You will need medication to have your cycle kickstarted (for lack of a better term).  If you are taking pregnacy tests and haven't gotten a postive one, then you aren't pregnant.  Trust me, we've all been there and the first time your cycle goes all wonky, you really want it to be a pregnancy.  And, there is a chance that you could ovulate really late, so it could be worth investing in some cheapies and testing once a week, just in case - but that's really more for your peace of mind than anything else.  Once you have been trying to get pregnant for over a year, its time to see a doctor to get to the bottom of what the problem is. 

Coming on to the TTTC board without a diagnosis and asking us for hope that you are pregnant is not going to go over very well with anyone on this board.  Everyone here is currently seeing a doctor to help them get pregnant.  I know that doesn't diminish what you are going through or make it less scary.  But, we are all way past "I don't know why I could miss a period."  We've all done the research and are trying to work with our bodies as best as we can.  I suggest you read the newbie page and look up some info about missed periods online and educate yourself about your body.  There are many reasons you can miss a period, being pregnant is only one.

YesYesYes  Ditto everything Ktryn said!  Good luck with everything and I would talk to your Ob/Gyn about getting a referral to a Reproductive Endorinologist ASAP. Best wishes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Same thing happened to me minus the insurance stuff. I was almost two weeks late and taking HPTs every couple of days after missing AF. All turned out negative. I think it was stress related as we were moving to Oregon from California but we were hoping that I was pregnant.  I started AF on my first day in OR (of course while we were visiting my best friend and her new baby). I have never been that late before so I had high hopes for a BFP.

Until you know for sure, fingers crossed that you do get a BFP. 

Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • You most likely just ovulated later than normal. Even people with highly regular cycles can have a cycle where they ovulate late, thus making their period late. After 5 negative tests, you're most likely not pregnant. If you go 60 days without your period, then schedule an appt. with your Dr.
  • imageRebecki1414:
    You most likely just ovulated later than normal. Even people with highly regular cycles can have a cycle where they ovulate late, thus making their period late. After 5 negative tests, you're most likely not pregnant. If you go 60 days without your period, then schedule an appt. with your Dr.
    Yes, this. Or you could be having an anovulatory cycle - that can happen from time to time even in women that usually do ovulate normally.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"