Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

announcements?

Is anyone sending announcements? I did one for DS three years ago, but I feel like no one sends them anymore. And if you do send them, how late is too late to send them? DD is going to be a month this week and i am just getting her pics done this week.

***** formerly known as starfishbride *****

Re: announcements?

• Options
    Id have them made as soon  as you get the pics. I'm sending announcements but only because im getting 20 dollars free on shutterfly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Same as PP.  I wasn't going to send them, but I got a coupon for Shutterfly.  I live in a small town and wedding/baby announcements are free to put in the paper so I just do that.  Her picture is in the paper with a little column saying how much she weighed and then it lists her grandparents and great-grandparents, most of which live nearby or in the same town.  I really just got the birth announcements so that I could have something to put in her scrapbook and so my family could have that memento...we're also giving my OB one as a thank you for her care and for delivering DD. 

I don't think people do them much anymore either, but if you want to do them, have them made ASAP.  IMO, it's a little late once LO gets 6 weeks old, but really late by 2 months.  However, better late than never.  I also wouldn't worry about getting one to everyone and their mother.  I'd just have one sent to close family and friends. I've also gotten birth announcements (just a picture and a small write up about the baby) through Facebook and email, which is certainly a more affordable route...Just a thought.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I sent mine out last week. DS is 4 weeks old.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    I sent mine this weekend and DD is 5 weeks old.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where I live, they are still very common, but maybe it's a regional thing. As soon as we got our photo DVD, I made the announcements. Costco had them ready the next day. I think 2 or 3 months after is just fine. Earlier the better, but not a crime if later--especially for ppl that haven't seen the baby/ don't have FB etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sending them. We get our NB pics back on may 7. I hope to have them ordered that week. By the time I get mine ordered and out DD will probably be 4 weeks too, I think it's fine. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    We did, but like pp said it was because I had free shutterfly money.  DH really did not want to send them (he figured everyone who needed to know had seen it on FB), but I did go ahead and order some and send them out.  I also put one in her baby book so that was nice to be able to do that too.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Mine went out last week, before LO hit two weeks.
  • Options
    I made ours on tiny prints.com. They should arrive at people's houses between 4-5 weeks after her birthday. 

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"