December 2011 Moms
Options

my baby hates being worn. :(

i'm so sad.  DD hates the ergo.  she could tolerate the k'tan, but only in cradle position.  i was so looking forward to wearing her a lot and now it's looking like a no-go.  anyone else's LO also not like being carried?

Re: my baby hates being worn. :(

• Options
    DD hated the ring sling!  We went to a local baby store and tried on all the different carriers, she liked the Beco Gemini the best so that is the one we left with.  I will admit that if she is being grouchy she won't be any better in there. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use a mei tai and It really depends on DD's mood how happy she is being worn, and how long she'll tolerate it. I second trying different carriers though. DD hated the moby, and we recently tried a sling and she hated that too.
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

C hated it at first, but after a few tries he loved it.

Keep trying, it may get better!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Alex likes it for about 15 minutes at a time, then he gets kind of fussy. I think it's because it's already 90 degrees here and he starts getting hot. 

This study was published recently:

https://www.hipdysplasia.org/Developmental-Dysplasia-Of-The-Hip/Prevention/Baby-Carriers-Seats-and-Other-Equipment/Default.aspx

So I do think the ergo would be the best choice. But of course that's just my opinion and there are different opinions out there as well. :-)  

Maybe just try the hip carry instead of in front of you? 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    I have the Beco Gemini which has the same hip style as the ergo.  Lucas isn't really a fan of it and hated it at first.  He tolerates it now.  He prefers to face forward but isn't quite tall enough yet to have his chin over the material.  He likes the hip carry, and will fall asleep in it as long as I'm moving AND it's nap time.  I just didn't give up and sort of forced him to tolerate it.  Some days are better than others, but when he is happy in it, it's a HUGE help.  He will never be the kid who wants to be in it all the time or very often.  I use it if I am grocery shopping alone, or where I need a shopping cart.  I also keep it in the stroller for emergencies.  If he is crying he prefers the carrier to the stroller.  Like PP said, just keep at it and try duringa nap time.

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options
    I was super excited about using the Moby and he hated it immediately.  He seems to enjoy facing out in the crotch-dangler we have, but we only use it for short periods. 

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"