Multiples
Options

Intro! So far it looks like my LO's are mono/mono...

We found out on April 23rd that it's TWINS!!!

I was terrified.. I recently suffered a loss and when I started to experience some spotting I thought I was out. I cried the entire way to the u/s and was shaking!

There were my LO's with 2 heartbeats!!! Baby A's heartrate was 117 and Baby B's heartrate was 114 which they said was normal for 6 weeks and 3 days. They also said that they appear to be mono/mono. My Doctor was able to describe some of what that meant over the phone... so I did a lot of googling (until my next appt 5/10). They said that they would continue to monitor this and see if they are in fact mono/mono. After my googling I'm just so scared for what the future holds for my LO's. I know it is still very early but I love these LOs so much!

Any advice or insight would be great!! Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Intro! So far it looks like my LO's are mono/mono...

• Options

Congrats!

You can't really diagnose mo-mo until mid 2nd trimester when they do or do not see a dividing membrane.  Most end up being mono-di.

Keep us posted and congrats again.

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    Congrats! I found out 21 Apr I'm carrying twins. I was 10 weeks though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!

Like E&R said, a lot of people end up having mono-di after initially being told mo-mo. Try not to let Dr. Google get the best of you! Has your OB talked with you about seeing MFM as well?  

Best wishes for a long and healthy pregnancy :) 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 6/25/10**TTC #1 July 2011**BFP 11/1/11**EDD 7/11/12**U/S shows TWINS!!! 11/30/11
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Fraternal girls born at 35+4. Slow down baby girls!!
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!  Ditto what E&RMommy says.  I have mono/di twins and we could just barely see the membrane between them at my first 10 wk u/s.  Lots of mono/di moms get told mono/mono in the beginning if they have an early u/s.
  • Options

Congrats!

I don't have any personal experience with this (mine were di/di), but from what I've seen on this board, sooooooo many people are told mono/mono in the beginning, but turn out to be mono/di. In fact, I have yet to see anyone on here that didn't turn out to be mono/di. Prayers for you and your LO's that this is the case for them too!

Like PP said, Google will freak the crap out of you more time than not during your pregnancy. Try not to fall for it (although we all do...)!

Congrats again and welcome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! Just like PP mentioned, don't let the internet scare you. I was Mono/Di & the line was always so thin they had to search for it forever at every appointment. It always worried me when the tech's couldn't find it & that was up through the very end.  Either way good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First of all, congrats on having twins in there! Just thought I'd share that we thought our boys were mono/mono at first as well. Our tech couldn't find their dividing membrane, even after searching for a long time for it. The MFM finally found out (and we were able to sigh a relief!), but it even took her awhile. I became much easier to see the membrane as time went on. Hopefully that's the case with you and your LOs!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My OB did an internal u/s @ 10 weeks, and there was a very clear dividing line...mine are di/di identicles (the egg split @ just the right time).  It sounds like that dividing line is not always so apparent so early on, though.

My advice - listen to your body every day.  Keep hydrated - very hydrated.  The multiple pregnancy is so tough on the body.  Get lots of pillows now, so that you have them when you need them (for sleeping and such).  Get as much done as you can by about 20 weeks.  After that, it's just so much harder to get stuff done.  I wish I had done that myself.

Congratulations and welcome!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First off congrats on your double blessing.  I think most Mo/Di's look like Mo/MO twins but infact in the next few weeks you should see a dividing membrane good luck and keep us posted.  
    BabyName Ticker ID Twin girls born June 10,2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the welcome! I will keep you all posted! I'm trying to stay away from google!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"