Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Let's review our baby schedule books for each other . . .

Can we give each other a quick summary of our baby books to compare what the general approach is? I have read people talking about the Happiest Baby on the Block and EASY schedules. Just wondering what the general approach is and what other options there are out there. Like a little summary of all the theories out there so we can choose for ourselves.

I'll start...

Title: Save Our Sleep

Author: Tizzie Hall

General approach: The book gives specific routines for babies from two weeks to two years. The main goal is to have a happy sleeping baby so sleep deprivation does not impact on the baby's or your happiness and health. The routines are specific down to the minute for each age group. The general theory is to wake baby for scheduled feeds; put baby to bed awake; author believes best bedtime is 7pm (she explains reasons); goes through cycles of 'feed, activity then sleep'; includes a "Dreamfeed" at night to help STTN; author has been touched by SIDS so is very much based around being safe.

My review: It appears to work well with my LO. I think I prefer to be a little more flexible, so I use it as a guide most days. It has been great to help me decipher if LO is tired or hungry. Sometimes she is right on cue (almost down to the author's predicted minute!). Often she won't sleep as long as the schedule suggests which can throw us out. Overall good theories and so great to have routines spelt out so specifically.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Let's review our baby schedule books for each other . . .

• I really appreciate this review.  I'm sorry no one else posted on this topic.  I read the No cry nap solution and I didn't like it.  I tried every single suggestion for making my baby sleep longer but none of them worked.  Ultimately, not stressing over it or worrying about it made me happier and my baby happier.  now I really don't care how long she naps.  I give her the opportunity and if she naps only thirty minutes, oh well.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"