Babies: 0 - 3 Months

EASY Method

Are any of you using the EASY Method/Baby Whisperer method with your LO?  If so, how is it going?  Do you wake them if they are napping longer than usual? When did you start using it?  Are you using the 3 or 4 hr method?

Thanks!

I am all about feeding (FF) on demand but with a toddler and a high maintance newborn I am starting to switch to the EASY Method to try and assembly some sort of routine.

I can't remember when I used it with DD1.  I do know that by this age she was pretty predictable with eating every 3 to 4 hours of 3-5 oz. (even at night).  Her sister is very different and is eating every 2 hours and is eating 2 oz.  I'd like to see her stretch that out a bit. 

Madison (DD1) LOVED the swing but Julianna (DD2) does not like it.  I bought the Rock n Play on Friday and it had become Juli's new favorite spot.  Madi HATED to swaddle.  Juli can't sleep without it.  I love how different they are!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EASY Method

• I am using most of it :)  I have to say though, my LO is NOT sleeping thru the night...wakes up every 3 hours!!!  I do think the book has lots of good advice however.  Before I was totally keeping him up to long, but now after 3 yawns I put him down for a nap and he is going right to sleep without a fuss.  Even though he wakes at night, after his feeding he goes right back to sleep...no fuss so it's helped quite a bit. I'm feeding every 3 hours, thinking of changing to 4 and I do wake him up out of naps if he has went longer than 3 1/2 hours to sortof keep to the schedule. 
  • My version of BW specifically says that if your baby is showing hunger cues to feed him even if it's not "time". It has helped me a lot just to give me a consisten starting point with what DD needs, but she's ready to eat every 2 hours during the day so that's how often I feed her. 

• Loading the player...
  • I used EASY with both of my kids and will with this one. It went well both times! To this day (they are 8 and 5) I know that if they've eaten a good meal, had plenty of activity and start to act up or pick on each other, it's time for rest or for them to read quietly.

I never woke them up and I started using EASY with my first when she was two months old (hadn't heard of it before then) and started using it from day 1 with my second.

I don't remember a 3 or 4 hour method, it was just however long it took to cycle through the E A and S. If I had to guess, the cycle was probably 4 hours long with DD since she slept like a champ and 3 hours long with DS since he was colicky and had a milk protein allergy (which, by the way, EASY helped me realize something was very wrong with him and prompted me to bring him to the dr until we had a diagnosis...it took forever for drs to figure it out but I KNEW something was wrong bc all of his needs were being met and his cries were painful, not overstimulated cries). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"