Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Questions for working moms

I'm sure this topic has been discussed tons of times here, but I didn't find anything while searching. I have a few questions concerning going back to work. My son is 2 months old and I'm going back to work in a few weeks. I'm so sad to leave him, but I think it will get better once I get in a routine. My question is, do you think 2 months old is too young to start a sleep schedule of some kind? Right now he's going to sleep around 11 or 12 pm, only getting up once (sometimes twice) a night, and getting up around 6:30-7 a.m. for the day. I think that's pretty good, but I'd like him to go down around 9 or 10 since my new job requires me to leave at 5:30 a.m. every morning. Does this sound completely unrealistic? Sorry, I realize this is probably kind of confusing to read. 

ALSO, I really thought I'd want to go back to work. The thing is, we don't NEED a second income because my husband does so well. The fact that I don't need to be gone from my baby all day is making me second guess my decision. Of course it's going to be great having all the extra money, but that doesn't seem motivating enough for me still. How did you guys feel about going back to work? Is it still bad for you or did you eventually get over it? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Questions for working moms

• I try to get my guy down between 7 and 8:30 depending on when he's ready, and we're up and out of the house about 7. My hubby has baby duty while I'm getting ready for work (LO usually starts moving in the morning around 6 or 6:30). I think it's worth tryin to get him down earlier because you're going to need the rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's a LATE bedtime!  My son has always gone to be between 7 and 8 and gets up around 6.  They need their sleep so I'd definitely try to get him to bed earlier.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Put him down around 8:30 or 9 and at 10:30 pick him up to feed him, but keep him swaddled and the lights off and don't talk and feed him....This should help a little.  good luck!

• thanks for the tips:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • As far as the going back to work question, it's probably the hardest thing for me to deal with. I've always been a hard worker, and enjoyed having something away from the house that was just "mine", but I'm finding it so difficult to think of going back to work - and baby girl isn't even born yet! I'm due in just a couple weeks, and I'll have 6 wks maternity leave. I don't have a choice, we can't make it if we aren't a 2 income family, but it sure isn't easy. I'm hoping to be able to work part time sometime in the next couple of years so I can be around a little more.
  • We srarted a bedtime routine when I went back to work at two months. It was pretty easy to do and only took DS a few nights to adjust.As for going back to work, it does get easier I promise. I have to work six days a week and bate it, but I know its for DS and will get better in the future. I will warn you though, the first day I went back I cried. I have a great support system at work and that helps. Also DH sends me lots of pics to keel me going when he is home with Quin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"