Babies: 6 - 9 Months

BLW v. Rice Cereal (Re-post from 3-6)

I've been seeing a lot about Baby-Led Weaning and I think it's great, but I'm not quite sure if I want to do it.  Any moms out there who have done BLW instead of rice cereal??  Or who have switched from one to the other?  Just looking for some real life experience with the whole thing.

Re: BLW v. Rice Cereal (Re-post from 3-6)

• First off I would like to thank you for telling me what BLW means! I've been trying to figure it out for weeks! Embarrassed

I honestly started on rice cereal mixed with butternut squash at 3 mos. After that Ihave just been watching her to see reactions when we are eating and to different foods. So I guess I have switched from rice cereal to BLW? I switched when she would take bites out of my food when I wasn't paying attention and when she started grabbing the spoon to feed herself. She hasn't quite figured the feeding eheself finger foods yet though. Only Baby Mummums.

I am not sure if that answers your question, but I let her tell me when she's ready for things by her reactions and developments.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did BLWing.  No purees at all, no rice cereal.  It's been awesome, and I totally would recommend it to anyone and will for sure be introducing solids the same way to our second baby.

I highly recommend the book.  It's very thorough and answers any and all questions.  It's really the only resource that genuinely made me feel 100% comfortable with it (although all the online resources, webpages, blogs, Facebook pages, etc are great resources after the book is well understood, IMO).

GL! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStefandTodd:

We did BLWing.  No purees at all, no rice cereal.  It's been awesome, and I totally would recommend it to anyone and will for sure be introducing solids the same way to our second baby.

I highly recommend the book.  It's very thorough and answers any and all questions.  It's really the only resource that genuinely made me feel 100% comfortable with it (although all the online resources, webpages, blogs, Facebook pages, etc are great resources after the book is well understood, IMO).

GL! 

I agree! We did not do cereals or pur?ed food. We have been very happy with BLW. I also highly recommend the book. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just started BLW yesterday, and so far I would say it's been a success.  LO probably ingested like 1% of what was given, but he tried (by tried I mean he tasted it and gnawed on it) and seemed to enjoy everything offered. I would recommend reading the BLW book.  I borrowed it from the library.

LO had banana and toast sticks for breakfast (loved the different textures, you could see his wheels turning when he felt them and put them in his mouth) and for dinner he had some squash rounds and steak slice...he sucked on the steak for a good 15 minutes.  I'm glad he went after the squash first. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"