September 2011 Moms

Ear question

I took R to the pedi this past Monday and the pedi said that he had allergies, and gave him baby Zyrtec.  He's still really stopped up, but the stuff coming out of his nose (when anything actually comes out...) is all clear.  He's still coughing some and sneezing every now and then, but he does seem a bit better - except for the stopped up nose.  Yesterday I noticed him grabbing at his ears.  Today, he was doing the same thing.  He isn't crying or anything when hes messing with his ears, so I'm not sure if he's just "discovered" them or if there might actually be an infection.  Any ideas?  Do babies always get fussy with an ear infection?

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ear question

• A did not get fussy at all with this ear infection (her first). I wouldn't have known she had one until I took her to the pedi for croup.  While there he noticed her runny nose, which he said was unrelated to the croup.  He said her ears had a little fluid and were a little sensitive when he pressed, but not enough to give her an antibiotic at that point. It was a Friday, and he told me to watch for fever and her playing with her ears over the weekend.  Sure enough, both happened, so I took her back on Monday for the antibiotic.  But I would describe it as her just playing with her left ear.  She didn't seem in pain at all.  HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My girls have had 8 ear infections between the two of them and neither has ever tugged or played with their ears when they had one. They ran a low grade temp, didn't nap well, and were just plain unhappy. DD1 used to kind of bat at her ear/jawline when she was teething, though.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"