Military Families

home alone

my husband just left today for the army he will be gone 19 weeks for training kinda freaking out. we have two little ones that are 2 and 4  and one on the way. just dont know how to take it im happy his going but im going to really miss hem just hope the kids do ok with hem gone
Army wife 2 and 1 on the way

Re: home alone

• It sucks to be away from him when you are used to having him there all the time, especially if he helps with the kids a lot.  What you have to remember is your attitude about this will dictate this whole time apart.  If you keep looking at it as something negative, it will suck far more than it has to.  Try to look at it in a positive way.  He's training for a new job that will bring a steady income, tons of benefits and plenty of adventure. 

As he is in training for this new life, you can use this time as training for your self.  Fet your self into a routine so that you can handle your kids on your own.  It takes a bit of organization and some trail and error, but it can be done.  There are tons of it who do it.  I do it with four kids.  Is he going to be active duty Army?  If so, star purging your house of things you don't need.  You don't want to pack and move things you don't need. 

Stick around this board and visit over on the Military Nesties board.  Lurking on these boards will help you understand the life a bit more.  There is also a button in my siggy that will take you to the MN FAQ page.  Check that out.  The first post on this page also contains a ton of info that you may find helpful. 

Hang in there.  You can do this. 

Oh, start writing him letters now.  You should get an address for him in about a week.  Mail them out as soon as you get the address and then mail him something every day.  It will help the two of you stay connected, help you feel like you can still talk to him and help him get through his days. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiluvmytxrgr:

It sucks to be away from him when you are used to having him there all the time, especially if he helps with the kids a lot.  What you have to remember is your attitude about this will dictate this whole time apart.  If you keep looking at it as something negative, it will suck far more than it has to.  Try to look at it in a positive way.  He's training for a new job that will bring a steady income, tons of benefits and plenty of adventure. 

As he is in training for this new life, you can use this time as training for your self.  Fet your self into a routine so that you can handle your kids on your own.  It takes a bit of organization and some trail and error, but it can be done.  There are tons of it who do it.  I do it with four kids.  Is he going to be active duty Army?  If so, star purging your house of things you don't need.  You don't want to pack and move things you don't need. 

Stick around this board and visit over on the Military Nesties board.  Lurking on these boards will help you understand the life a bit more.  There is also a button in my siggy that will take you to the MN FAQ page.  Check that out.  The first post on this page also contains a ton of info that you may find helpful. 

Hang in there.  You can do this. 

Oh, start writing him letters now.  You should get an address for him in about a week.  Mail them out as soon as you get the address and then mail him something every day.  It will help the two of you stay connected, help you feel like you can still talk to him and help him get through his days. 

I highly agree with this.  When I went through Basic Training, the letters people sent me is definitely what kept me going! Have your kids draw him pictures to mail in the letter too so they can feel involved.  I won't lie, it will be a rough 19 weeks but it will be worth it in the end.  Good luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much this has made my day  and i feel alot better. Happy that he is doing this for us. Just new at this hole Amy thing guess it will take some time, its always been just the two of us. hes mom and dad died when he was young and i dont know mine grown up with Grandpa, so  its alittle hard on my own but i know i can do it! Thanks so much
    Army wife 2 and 1 on the way
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"